|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Cai Wentong
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5043
- PhD University of Exeter 1991
- MS Nankai University 1987
- BS Nankai University 1985
|Dr Wentong Cai is an Professor in NTU, School of Computer Engineering (SCE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He is also the Director of Parallel and Distributed Computing Centre (PDCC). Dr. Cai received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Exeter (UK) in 1991. He was a Post-doctoral Research Fellow with the Queen's University (Canada) before joining NTU in February 1993. Dr Cai has considerable expertise in the areas of Parallel and Distributed Simulation, and Grid and Cluster Computing. He has extensive collaboration in the area of simulation with Singapore industries and research institutes including the Maritime Port Authority of Singapore, Defence Science and Technology Agency, and Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology. Hei has published more than 200 research papers in the leading journals and conferences in the above mentioned research areas. He has graduated five PhD and eight research Master students. His research in distributed simulation is internationally well recognized. This is evident by six best paper awards at various international conferences. Dr. Cai is a member of the IEEE. He is currently an associate editor of ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation (TOMACS), editorial board member of Multiagents and Grid Systems – An International Journal, and editorial board member of International Journal of Computers and Applications (till Mar 2009). Dr. Cai is the programme co-chair of DS-RT2009 and programme vice chair of EUC’08, CCGrid'06 and PDCAT'04, and he has served as programme committee member for many international conferences. Most recent ones include: PADS'09, CCGrid'09, ICDCS’08, PADS’08, DS-RT’08, SCC’08, CCGrid’08.|
|Dr. Cai's research interests include Parallel & Distributed Simulation, Grid & Cluster Computing, and Parallel & Distributed Programming Environments. His main areas of expertise are the design and analysis of scalable architecture, framework, and protocols to support parallel & distributed simulation, and the development of models and software tools for programming parallel/distributed systems.|
- A cooperative co-evolutionary framework for data-driven model calibration - RG 23/14
- Area-Interlinking Design Analysis (AIDA)
- Cache me if you can: Optimizing on-chip memory usage for multi and manycore processors - RG 20/14
- Computing Real-World Phenomena with Dynamically Changing Complex Networks (DynaNets)
- Crowd Simulation for Safe City Operations
- DEPATHSS: Dynamic Egress PlAnning ThrougH valid Symbiotic Simulation.
- Data Distribution for Exascale Distributed Virtual Environment Simulations
- Efficient Consistency Maintenance in Wireless Distributed Virtual Environments
- Evolutionary Computing based Methodologies Modelling, Simulation and Analysis
- MOSAIC: SyMbiOtic Simulation and Video AnalysIs of Crowds
- Multi-Platform Game Innovation Centre (Magic)
- Optimising emergency medical systems (EMS) using 3D modelling and simulation of built public spaces
- Project CROSIT - Crowd Simulation Training System
- RP5-Modelling and Optimization for Architctures and Infrastructure
- Theoretical study and technical design of green memory cloud systems for real-time data analytics - RG 21/14
- Towards Highly Interactive Distributed Media Environment
- Towards Scalable Distributed Cloud-Based MMOG Services
- Percival Xavier, Wentong Cai, and Bu-Sung Lee. (2009). A Dynamic Admission Control Scheme to manage Contention on Shared Computing Resources. Concurrency: Practice and Experience, 21(2), 133-158.
- Yuhong Feng, Wentong Cai. (2008). Execution Coordination in Mobile Agent based Distributed Job Workflow Execution. Journal of Systems Architecture, 54(10), 944-956.
- Yu-Hong Feng and Wen-Tong Cai and Jian-Nong Cao. (2007). Dynamic partner identification in mobile agent-based distributed job workflow execution. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 67(11), 1137-1154.
- S.P.Zhou, W.T.Cai, S.J. Turner, J.H. Wei*, W.B. Zong*. (2007). Flexible State Update Mechanism for Large-Scale Wargame Simulations. Simulation, 83(10), 707-719.
- Wei Jie*, W.T.Cai, Lizhe Wang*, Rob Procter*. (2007). Secure Information Service for Monitoring Large Scale Grids. Parallel Computing, 33(7-8), 572-591.