|Professor S. Viswanathan (Vish) obtained a Ph.D. in Operations Research with minor in Operations Management from Case Western Reserve University in 1992, MBA (Gold Medallist) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in 1986, and B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in 1984. He has been a faculty member at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore for 27 years. He has taught previously at Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University in Texas. |
Currently, he is Professor of Operations and Associate Dean (Research) at Nanyang Business School. He also serves as the Director of the Centre for Business Sustainability. He has previously served as Head of the Division of Information Technology & Operations Management (ITOM), Chairman of IT Resources Group, Director of the PhD Program, Program Director of MBA specialization in Technology & Operations and Programme Director of MDP@Nanyang. Prior to entering academia, Vish worked as an Operations Auditor and as an IT Software Specialist.
Vish was a member of the team responsible for the curriculum design and redesign of the full-time MBA into a one-year MBA program. As Head of ITOM, he was involved in developing the initial curriculum for the MSc (Technology Management) segment of the Renaissance Engineering Programme. He was the founding Programme Director of the NTU-Waseda double MBA program and was involved in developing the curriculum for the NTU-Waseda double MBA and the MBA (Technology & Operations) curriculum. He was also involved in developing the curriculum for the Management Development Program @ NTU, as its Founding Programme Director.
Vish’s research interests are in Inventory Management, Joint Replenishment Inventory Systems, Corporate Sustainability, Sustainable Operations, Closed Loop Supply Chain, Manufacturing Systems, Urban Mobility, Optimization, and Transportation Scheduling. His teaching interests are in Corporate Sustainability, Sustainable Business Operations, Operations Management, Inventory Theory, and Optimization. He currently teaches in the Masters, PhD, MBA and Executive Programs.
His research has been published in Financial Times and Business Week ranked top tier Business journals such as Management Science, Operations Research, Production & Operations Management, and Journal of Operations Management; and other top journals such as International Journal of Production Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Naval Research Logistics, IIE Transactions, Operations Research Letters, Journal of the Operational Research Society, International Journal of Production Economics, Integrated Manufacturing Systems, International Journal of Technology and Management, International Journal of Logistics, and International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management.
He is serving or has served as Senior Editor, Editorial Board Member, or Associate Editor in top journals such as Decision Sciences, Production & Operations Management, Journal of Operations Management, IEEE Transactions in Automation Science & Engineering, and International Journal of Production Research. He has made several appearances in Who’s who in the World, Who’s Who in Asia, Who’s Who in Finance and Industry and Who’s Who in Science and Engineering lists. He was selected for the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award in 2017. He was awarded the prestigious Nanyang Award for Research Excellence in 2010.
|Inventory Management, Joint Replenishment Inventory Systems, Corporate Sustainability, Sustainable Operations, Closed Loop Supply Chains, Manufacturing Systems, Urban Mobility, Optimization, and Transportation Scheduling. |
CV and full list of publications can be found at this link:http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/asviswa/Vish_CV_Full_Web.pdf
- S. Ghosh, R. Piplani, S. Viswanathan. (2015). A new two-bin policy for inventory systems with differentiated demand classes. Production and Operations Management, 24(5), 840-850.
- Y. Feng and S. Viswanathan. (2014). Heuristics with guaranteed performance for a manufacturing system with product recovery. European Journal of Operational Research, 232, 322-329.
- Sugoutam Ghosh, R. Piplani, S. Viswanthan. (2013). Optimal inventory rationing policy under service differentiation for multiple customer classes with deterministic demand. International Journal of Services Operations Management, 18, 38-56.
- S. Axsater and S. Viswanathan. (2012). On the value of customer information for an independent supplier in a continuous review inventory system. European Journal of Operational Research, 221, 34-347.
- 4. C. Zhou and S. Viswanathan. (2011). Comparison of a new bootstrapping method with parametric approaches for safety stock determination in service parts inventory system. International Journal of Production Economics, 133, 481-485.