|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yeo Chai Kiat
Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
Deputy Director, Singtel Cognitive and Artificial Intelligence Lab for Enterprises@NTU
Programme Director, Singtel Cognitive and Artificial Intelligence Lab for Enterprises@NTU
|Associate Professor Yeo Chai Kiat is currently in the School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE). She received her Ph.D. in electrical and electronic engineering from the Nanyang Technological University and her MSc and B.Eng. (1st class honours) in electrical and electronic engineering from National University of Singapore. She has spent six years with Singapore Electronic and Engineering Limited (SEEL), a company now subsumed under Singapore Technologies Engineering, first as an engineer and later held the concurrent position of Assistant Principal Engineer and Deputy Program Manager.|
A/P Yeo is currently the Deputy Director and Programme Director of Singtel Cognitive and Artificial Intelligence Lab for Enterprises@NTU (SCALE@NTU). She was the Associate Chair (Academic) of SCSE from Dec 2007 to May 2017 and the Sub Dean of School of Applied Science (predecessor of SCSE) from Jun 1996 to May 1999. She has been an Adjunct Professor with Osaka University, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology. She was Deputy Director of Centre for Multimedia and Network Technolgy (CeMNet) from Jul 2006 until Jun 2008.
A/P Yeo has published over 280 research papers in international journals and conference proceedings in the areas of anomaly detection, machine learning, AI, mobile networks, internet technologies, overlay networks and speech processing. She has also directed a number of funded projects in these areas.
|Her research focus is on Anomaly Detection, Data Analytics, Predictive Maintenance, Neural networks, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile and Ad Hoc Networks.|
- Android Developer Ecosystem in Singapore
- Exploratory Research in Prediction and Anomaly Detection using AI and Data Science
- Exploratory Research in Sustainable Urban City
- NTU EcoCampus R&D Initiative - Development Project
- Pervasive Wireless Access in Ad Hoc Networks
- Research and Exploratory Development on Disruption/Delay Tolerant Networking (Project Agreement no. DST000EPO11002905)
- SCALE@NTU Research Theme 3 (IAF) : Condition-based Maintenance
- SCALE@NTU Research Theme 3 (Singtel) : Condition-based Maintenance
- Seamless VOIP Communication Across Heterogeneous Networks
- Translation between IPV4 and IPV6
- Weiling Chen, Chai Kiat Yeo, Chiew Tong Lau, Bu Sung Lee. (2018). Leveraging social media news to predict stock index movement using RNN-Boost. Data & Knowledge Engineering, vol. 118, pp. 14-24.
- Zhaomin Chen,Chai Kiat Yeo, Bu Sung Lee , Chiew Tong Lau, Yaochu Jin. (2018). Evolutionary Multi-Objective Optimization based Ensemble Autoencoders for Image Outlier Detection. Neurocomputing, vol. 309, pp. 192-200.
- Zhaomin Chen, Chai Kiat Yeo, Bu Sung Lee, Chiew Tong Lau. (2018). Power Spectrum Entropy based Detection and Mitigation of Low-Rate DoS Attacks. Computer Networks, vol. 136, pp. 80-94.
- Weiling Chen, Yan Zhang, Chai Kiat Yeo, Chiew Tong Lau, Bu Sung Lee. (2018). Unsupervised Rumor Detection based on Users’ Behaviors using Neural Networks. Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 105, pp. 226-233.
- Weiling Chen, Chai Kiat Yeo, Chiew Tong Lau, Bu Sung Lee. (2017). A study on real-time low-quality content detection on Twitter from the users' perspective. PLoS ONE, vol. 12(8).