|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Andy Khong Wai Hoong
Associate Dean (Students)
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Co-Deputy Director, Delta-NTU Corporate Laboratory for Cyber-Physical Systems
|Andy Khong is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to that, he obtained his Ph.D ('02-'05) from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, after which he also served as a research associate ('05-'08) in the same department. He obtained his B.Eng in Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
His postdoctoral research involved in developing signal processing algorithms for vehicle destination inference as well as the design and implementation of acoustic array and seismic fusion algorithms for perimeter security systems. His Ph.D. research was mainly on partial-update and selective-tap adaptive algorithms with applications to mono- and multi-channel acoustic echo cancellation for hands-free telephony. He has also published works on acoustic blind channel identification for speech dereverberation. His other research interests include speech enhancement and blind deconvolution algorithms. He was the recipient of the best student paper award at the International Workshop on Acoustic Echo and Noise Control 2005.
Acoustic source localization
Acoustic system identification
Seismic signal processing
- Assessing student learning competencies with e-learning platforms via data analytics
- Assessing the Impact of Initiatives on Students' Innovation and Entrepreneurship Spirit in Garage@EEE
- Developing a Computational Framework for Modelling Student Engagement in NTU's Team-Based Learning Ecosystem
- Insights into online learning via machine learning techniques
- Integration of Vibration-based System with DartFish for Real-Time Analysis of a Table-tennis Game
- L. Lei, A. W. H. Khong. (2011). Adaptive channel equalization of room acoustics exploiting sparseness constraint. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, .
- M. Bekrani, A. W. H. Khong, M. Lotzad. (2011). A clipping-based selective- tap adaptive ltering approach to stereophonic acoustic echo cancellation. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, .
- M. Bekrani, A. W. H. Khong, M. Lotfizad. (2011). A linear neural network based approach for stereophonic acoustic echo cancellation. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, .
- D. Q. Nguyen, W.S.Gan, Andy W.H. Khong. (2011). Time-Reversal Approach to the Stereophonic Acoustic Echo Cancellation Problem. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, 19(2), 385-395.
- P. Loganathan, A. W. H. Khong, P. Naylor. (2009). A class of sparseness-controlled algorithms for echo cancellation. IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 17(8), 1591 - 1601.
« Back to Category Write-up