|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Amer Mohammad Yusuf Mohammad Ghias
Assistant Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Amer M.Y.M. Ghias (S’10–M’14) received the B. Sc. degree in electrical engineering from Saint Cloud State University, USA, in 2001, the M. Eng. degree in Telecommunications from University of Limerick, Ireland, in 2006, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia, in 2014. From February 2002 to July 2009, he had held various positions such as, Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer, and Project Manager, while working with the top companies in Kuwait. He has worked at UNSW, Australia (2014-2015) and the University of Sharjah, U.A.E (2015-2018). He is currently an assistant professor of the School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests include model predictive control of power electronics converter, hybrid energy storage, fault-tolerant converter, modulations and voltage balancing techniques for multilevel converter, flexible AC transmissions and high voltage DC current.|
|1- High Power Density Wide-Band-Gap Converters|
2- Multilevel Converters
- Fault-Tolerant Converters
- Advanced Modulation Techniques
3- Novel Converters Topologies
4- Flexible AC Transmissions and High voltage DC Current
- Hybrid Energy Storage
- Advanced Control Methods
1- Research Fellow
2- Research Associate
3- Ph.D. Position
4- MEng Position
- Cyber-Physical Attacks in Transmission Systems Using Digital Twin
- Next Generation of Smart Enabled Micro-grid
- On Performance Advances of The Multilevel Converters for The Future Smart Grid
- J Prasanth Ram, Dhanup S Pillai, Amer MYM Ghias, N Rajasekar. (2020). Performance enhancement of solar PV systems applying P&O assisted Flower Pollination Algorithm (FPA). Solar Energy, 199, 214-229.
- C. S. Chin, J. Xiao, A. M. Y. M. Ghias, M. Venkateshkumar, and D. U. Sauer. (2020). Customizable Battery Power System for Marine and Offshore Applications: Trends, Configurations, and Challenges. IEEE Electrification Magazine, 7(4), 46-55.
- A. Merabet, L. Labib, A. M.Y.M. Ghias, A. Aldurra, M. Debbouza. (2020). Dual-mode operation based second-order sliding mode control for grid-connected solar photovoltaic energy system. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 111, 459-474.
- Malisetty Siva Sai Nihanth, J Prasanth Ram, Dhanup S Pillai, Amer MYM Ghias, Akhil Garg, N Rajasekar. (2019). Enhanced power production in PV arrays using a new skyscraper puzzle based one-time reconfiguration procedure under partial shade conditions (PSCs). Solar Energy, 194, 209-224.
- Dhanup S. Pillai, J. Prasanth Ram, A.M.Y.M Ghias, Md Apel Mahmud, N. Rajasekar. (2019). An Accurate, Shade Detection-Based Hybrid Maximum Power Point Tracking Approach for PV Systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 35(6), 6594-6608.