|Joseph is an Associate Professor in the Division of Economics at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences. He joined NTU as a Lecturer in December 1994. Before joining NTU, he was lecturer at the University of Houston, Texas, where he also received his Phd in Economics. He received his MA in Economics from Wichita State University, Kansas, and his MBA and BS in Engineering degrees from the University of the Philippines. After receiving his undergraduate degree, Joseph worked as an analyst in a bank. |
Joseph has published widely in international economics journals such as the Journal of Development Economics, Economics Letters, Applied Economics, World Development, Economic Record, Journal of Policy Modeling, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Review of International Economics, Asian Economic Journal and Macroeconomic Dynamics
- Alba, Joseph D., Liu, Jingting, Chia Waimu and Park Donghyun. (2019). Foreign Output Shock in Small Open Economies: A Welfare Evaluation of Monetary Policy Regimes. Economic Modelling, forthcoming.
- Lee, Minsoo., Alba, Joseph. D., Park Donghyun. (2018). Intellectual Property Rights, Informal Economy, and FDI into Developing Countries. Journal of Policy Modeling, 40, 1067-81.
- Xie, Taojun, Liu Jingting, Alba Joseph D, Chia Wai Mun. (2017). Does wage-inflation targeting complement foreign exchange intervention? An evaluation of a multi-target, two-instrument monetary policy framework.. Economic Modelling, 62, 68-81.
- Alba, Joseph D., Wang Peiming. (2017). Taylor rule and discretionary regimes in the United States: evidence from a k-state Markov switching model. Macroeconomic Dynamics, 21(3), 817-833.
- Alba, J D, Park, D., Xie Taojun. (2015). Predictability of Exchange Rates with Taylor Rule Fundamentals: Evidence from Inflation-Targeting Emerging Countries.. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 51, 714-728.