|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Andrew Clive Grimsdale
Associate Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering
Phone: +65 67906728
Office: N4.1 01 13
|Asst.-Prof. Grimsdale is currently in the School of Materials Science and Engineering since Nov 2006. He received his Bachelors, Master and Ph.D. degrees in Chemistry from the University of Auckland, New Zealand in 1983, 1984 and 1990 respectively. His research interests include the synthesis of conjugated polymers for electronic applications, and supramolecular assembly of organic materials. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 70 top quality international journal papers. He has been often used as referee and reviewer for a number of premier journals, including Journal of the American Chemical Society, Macromolecules, Chemistry of Materials, Journal of Organic Chemistry, Journal of Physical Chemistry, Organic Letters, Angewandte Chemie, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Journal of Polymer Science (A): Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Bulletin, Synthetic Metals, and has acted as an external referee for PhD theses from foreign universities and for the CERG grants committee, Hong Kong and as a
judge of student projects for the Singapore Science and Engineering Fair.
Dr. Grimsdale is a member of the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute.
|Prof Grimsdale?s areas of expertise are the synthesis of conjugated polymers for electronic applications, particularly light-emitting diodes, solar cells and thin-film transistors. His current research works focus on the synthesis of materials for solar cells and transistors and on the supramolecular assembly of organic materials.|
- Amphiphilic “nano-leaf” for light-driven aqueous-organic biphasic reactions
- Biomimetic-Based Antifouling Coatings as a Route to Imporve Energy Efficiency of Ships and Port Structures
- Carbon Nanotube Grafting on Carbon Fibres to Improve Interface Strength of Composites and other Functional Applications
- High-Reliability, Long-life and Low-cost lithium Ion Batteries For Green Energy Storage Applications
- Nanostructured Materials for Energy Harvesting
- Synthesis of New Donor-Acceptor Materials for Organic Photovoltaic Cells
- Toward Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Towards Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Towards the synthesis of cycloheteroarenes
- Two- and Three- Dimensional Assemblies of Conjugated Units and Nanoparticles for Use in Electronic Devices
- Two- and Three-Dimensional Self-Assembled Networks of Conjugated Oligomers
- Hongwei Hu, Daming Zhao, Yang Gao, Xianfeng Qiao, Teddy Salim, Bingbing Chen, Elbert E. M. Chia, Andrew C. Grimsdale and Yeng Ming Lam. (2019). Harvesting triplet excitons in lead-halide perovskites for room-temperature phosphorescence. Chemistry of Materials, 31(7), 2597-2602.
- Andrey V. Lunchev, Kim Seng Tan, Andrew C. Grimsdale, Rachid Yazami. (2018). Electrical and electrochemical properties of lithium solvated electron solutions derived from 1, 3, 5-triphenylbenzenes.. New Journal of Chemistry, 42(19), 15678-15683.
- Tan Kim Seng, Andrew C. Grimsdale, Rachid Yazami. (2017). A room-temperature refuelable lithium, iodine and air battery. Scientific Reports, 7(1), 6502(1-8).
- Andrey Lunchev, Kim Seng Tan, Rachid Yazami, Andrew C. Grimsdale. (2017, July). Hexa-peri-hexabenzacoronene based Materials for Anolyte Applications in Secondary Batteries. Paper presented at 9th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies, Singapore.
- Kim Seng Tan, Animesh Ghosh, Andrew Clive Grimsdale, Rachid Yazami. (2017, July). Preparation & Study of Lithium Solvated Electron Solutions (LiSES) Using Benzimidazole Derivatives As Electron Receptors.. Paper presented at 9th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies, (ICMAT 2017),.