|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zou Xi
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6904 7203
- PhD Columbia University 2009
- MPhil Chinese University of Hong Kong 2004
- BBA Lingnan University 2002
|Dr. Xi Zou received a BBA with First Class Honours in Information Science from the Lingnan University in Hong Kong and a PhD with Distinction in Organisational Behavior, from Columbia Business School in the United States. Her research draws on social psychology to understand how culture and motivation shape people’s judgments, decision-makings, and behaviors, and the implications for interpersonal dynamics and job performance. Her work has been published in the top management and psychology journals such as Research in Organisational Behavior, Academy of Management Review, Organisational Behavior and Human Decision Making Processes, and Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. She is currently an Associate Editor at Asian Journal of Social Psychology, as well as on editorial boards of Academy of Management Perspectives, Journal of Management Studies, and Management & Organization Review. Before joining NBS, she was a faculty at London Business School in the United Kingdom, where she taught the Masters in Management, Masters in Finance, MBA and EMBA programs. She has extensive experience in teaching leadership development and business negotiation.|
|Cultural Psychology, Motivation Science|
- Founder's Motivational Orientation And Firm SuccessSelf-Concept Fluidity And Leadership Effectiveness
- How to motivate effective learning from near-miss events?
- Kuwabara, K., Hildebrand, C., & Zou, X. (2018). Lay theories of networking: How laypeople’s beliefs about networks affect their attitudes toward and engagement in instrumental networking. Academy of Management Review, 43, 50-64.
« Back to Research Directory