|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Zhang Yilei
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5952
- PhD Iowa State University 2007
- MSc Nanyang Technological University 2002
- ME Huazhong University of Sci & Tech 2001
- BE Shenyang Institute of Aeronautical Eng 1998
|Prof Zhang joined the Division of Manufacturing Engineering on 3 January 2012 as an Assistant Professor.|
Before joining NTU, he was a senior research engineer in the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company and obtained his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering from Iowa State University in 2007. Before that, he studied for his MS degree in NTU (SMA-IMST) and worked in HP-Singapore between 2001 and 2002.
|His main research interests are in bioinspired engineering, including bio-tribology, neural sensors, etc..|
- Developing 3D nanofiber scaffold and microfluidic chamber to efficiently model the Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis
- Developing Shape Memory Polymers for Controllable Cell Culture
- Development for programmable automation controller (PAC)
- Development of Oxide-based High Temperature Wear Protective Coatings for Extrusion Components
- Development of microcalorimeter array for biofilm reactor
- Fabrication of advanced microstructured optical fibers with irregular structures
- Robotic Finishing Platform
- The role of initial attachment on cluster dynamics of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm
- Zhifeng Zhang, Yilei Zhang. (2016). Finite element simulation of extrusion of optical fiber preforms: Effects of wall slip. Optical Fiber Technology, 28.
- Zhifeng Zhang, Yilei Zhang. (2015). Humidity Sensor Based on Optical Fiber Attached with Hydrogel Spheres. Optics & Laser Technology, 74.
- Shreyas Kuddannaya †§, Yon Jin Chuah ‡§, Min Hui Adeline Lee ‡, Nishanth V. Menon ‡, Yuejun Kang *‡, and Yilei Zhang *†. (2013). Surface Chemical Modification of Poly(dimethylsiloxane) for the Enhanced Adhesion and Proliferation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 5(19), 9777–9784.
- Yilei Zhang and Sriram Sundararajan. (2008). Superhydrophobic engineering surfaces with tunable air-trapping ability. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 18(3), 035024.
« Back to Research Directory