|Yi Zhang's research goal is to advance biomedical research at the interface of engineering and clinical investigation to address the diagnostic needs in modern medicine practice. His current research will focus on developing and validating novel diagnostic assays and platforms using advanced micro/nanotechnologies. In particular, his research aims to expand his line of inquiry on two fronts: 1) develop novel diagnostic assays and platforms, bridge the gaps between clinical innovations and technological advances, and translate discoveries to bedside use, to address the needs for more sensitive, accurate and rapid diagnostics and monitoring; 2) understand disease pathogenesis, discover and validate biomarkers, particularly epigenetic biomarkers, through innovative use of advanced micro- and nanotechnologies.|
- Y.Z. Shi, S. Xiong, Y. Zhang, L.K. Chin, Y.–Y. Chen, J.B. Zhang, T.H. Zhang, W. Ser, A. Larson, L.S. Hoi, J.H. Wu, T.N. Chen, Z.C. Yang, Y.L. Hao, B. Liedberg, P.H. Yap, D.P. Tsai, C.-W. Qiu & A.Q. Liu. (2018). Sculpting nanoparticle dynamics for singlebacteria-level screening and direct bindingefficiency measurement. Nature Communications, 9, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-03156-5.
- Y. Z. Shi, S. Xiong, L. K. Chin, Y. Yang, J. B. Zhang, W. Ser, J. H. Wu, T. N. Chen, Z. C. Yang, Y. L. Hao, B. Liedberg, P. H. Yap, Y. Zhang and A. Q. Liu. (2017). High-resolution and multi-range particle separation by microscopic vibration in an optofluidic chip. Lab on a Chip, 17.
- Y. Zhang and N.T. Nguyen. (2017). Magnetic digital microfluidics–a review. Lab on a Chip, 17, 994-1008.
- Y. Zhang*, Y. Zhang*, J.M. Burke, K. Gleitsman, S.M. Friedrich, K.J. Liu and T.H. Wang. (2016). A Simple Thermoplastic Substrate Containing Hierarchical Silica Lamellae for High-Molecular-Weight DNA Extraction. Advanced Materials, 28, 10630-10636.
- L. Novak, P. Neuzil, J. Pipper, Y. Zhang, and S. Lee. (2016). An Integrated Fluorescence Detection System for Lab-On-A-Chip Applications. Lab on a Chip, 7, 27 - 29.