|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Zeng Yachang
Assistant Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Yachang Zeng is Assistant Professor in Nanyang Business School (NBS), Nanyang Technological University. Professor Zeng received her PhD in Accounting and Finance from Lancaster University. Before joining NBS, she was an Assistant Professor at Tilburg University. During 2008-2010, she was a research member of the INTACCT research network, which promotes a scientific research program related to the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in Europe.|
Professor Zeng has the expertise in applying theories from multiple disciplines to relevant topics at the intersection of accounting. She is one of the pioneers in accounting who investigate business and economic questions from a neuroscience perspective. Her research interests include multidisciplinary research, financial reporting quality, disclosure and transparency, organizational and personnel economics, and neuroeconomics. Her research has been published in Journal of Accounting Research and The Accounting Review.
Before starting her academic career, she was a CPA in China. Her hobbies and interests include travelling, reading, hiking and cycling.
|Multidisciplinary research, financial reporting quality, disclosure and transparency, organizational and personnel economics, and neuroeconomics|
- Equity Analysts’ Comments on Managerial Personnel: News or Noise
- Neuroeconomics and the business world"Media coverage and management earnings guidance
- He, X., Yin H., Zeng, Y., Zhang, H., Zhao, H. (2019). Facial Structure and Achievement Drive: Evidence from Financial Analysts.. Journal of Accounting Research, 57(4), 1013-1057.
- Young, S. and Y. Zeng. (2015). Accounting comparability and the accuracy of peer-based valuation models. The Accounting Review, 90(6), 2571-2601.
- Jia Y., L. Van Lent, Y. Zeng. (2014). Masculinity, Testosterone, and Financial Misreporting. Journal of Accounting Research, 52(5), 1195–1246.
« Back to Research Directory