|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Zhang Xiaoling
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6147
- PhD (Maketing) Indiana University 2011
- MBus Indiana University 2009
- MA (Econ) University of Toledo 2005
- MSc (Econ) Hong Kong University of Science & Tech 2004
- BA (Accounting) Renmin University of China 2000
|Xiaoling Zhang received her doctoral education at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University-Bloomington. She also received two Master degrees in Economics from HKUST and University of Toledo, and a Bachelor degree in Accounting from Renmin University of China. Prior to joining academia, she was an accountant in Beijing.
Her research interests center on quantitative models in marketing. She is particularly fascinated by shopper marketing, in-store decision making, social influence on consumer shopping behavior, Bayesian models, and quantitative CRM. One of her papers is currently under review at Journal of Marketing. She presented her research at the Informs Marketing Science conferences in the summers of 2008 and 2009. Her teaching interests include international marketing, marketing research, and marketing models.
|Shopper Marketing, In-Store Decision-Making, Social Influence on Consumer Shopping Behavior, Salesperson-Customer Interaction, Bayesian Models, Analytical Customer Relationship Management, and Social Media|
- MOE Grant (2016-) [by MOE]
- Modelling Consumer Purchase Spending and Return Amount for Experience Goods: A Dynamic Structural Approach
- Zhang, Xiaoling, Shibo Li, Raymond Burke, and Alex Leykin. (2014). An Examination of Social Influence on Shopper Behavior Using Video Tracking Data. Journal of Marketing, 78(5), 24-41.
- Zhang, Xiaoling, Shibo Li and Raymond Burke. (2012, June). The Dynamic Group Influence on Shopper Preference and Purchase Behavior. Paper presented at INFORMS Marketing Science Conference 2012, Boston University, USA.
- Zhang, Xiaoling, Shibo Li, Raymond Burke, and Alex Leykin. (2009, June). Picking out the Buyers from the Browsers. Paper presented at INFORMS Marketing Science Conference, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
- Zhang, Xiaoling, Shibo Li, Raymond Burke, and Alex Leykin. (2008, June). Shopping path and In-store Purchase Conversion under Latent Shopping Orientation. Paper presented at INFORMS Marketing Science Conference, University of British-Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.