|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Yeong Wai Yee
Assistant Chair (Students), School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5867
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2007
- BEng(Hons) (Mech & Prodtn Engrg) Nanyang Technological University 2003
|Asst/Prof Yeong received her BEng( 1st class Hons) and PhD degrees in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining MAE in 2013, she has industrial experiences in technical and supervisory functions in research and development, manufacturing and quality systems.|
She has worked as a Research Engineer in SIMTech Singapore, Associate Research Scientist at Abbott Vascular, Research Fellow at MSE NTU, and Principal Engineer at Alcon Singapore. Her main research interest is in 3D printing, bioprinting and the translational of the advanced technologies for industrial applications. Her current research topics include 3D printing of metal implant, multi-functional and lightweight structures and bioprinting for tissue engineering. She is also keen on developing translational technologies and new inventions.
She has co-authored 2 textbooks in Bioprinting and 3D printing. She leads sponsored projects in both 3D printing and Bioprinting.
|Rapid prototyping, Additive manufacturing, 3D Bioprinting, Lightweight structure and analysis, Metal 3D printing, Qualification ad certification of AM parts, Biomedical, aerospace and defence applications, Regulatory Issues.|
- 3D Printing for Biomedical Applications
- Biofabrication and tissue engineering via additive manufacturing techniques
- Biofabrication of Pigmented Human Skin
- Development of RPE-photoreceptors complex for investigation of age-related macular degeneration
- Development of a new bioprinter and bio-ink using Structo SLA 3D Printer
- Development of a novel “Bio-ink” for 3D printing
- Development of novel and multi-material for 3D Printing
- Programme: Aerospace and Defence
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM) of copper based alloys and ceramics
- S.L. Sing, W.Y. Yeong, F.E. Wiria, B.Y. Tay, Z. Zhao, L. Zhao, Z. Tian, S. Yang. (2017). Direct Selective Laser Sintering and Melting of Ceramics: A review. Rapid Prototyping Journal, .
- V Dikshit, YL Yap, GD Goh, H Yang, JC Lim, X Qi, WY Yeong, J Wei. (2017). Investigation of out of plane compressive strength of 3D printed sandwich composites. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and EngineeringIOP Publishing Ltd.
- C. K. Chua, C. H. Wong and W. Y. Yeong. (2017). Standards, quality control, and measurement sciences in 3D printing and additive manufacturing. Academic Press.
- Yee Ling Yap, Chengcheng Wang, Swee Leong Sing, Vishwesh Dikshit, Wai Yee Yeong, Jun Wei. (2017). Material jetting additive manufacturing: An experimental study using designed metrological benchmarks. Precision Engineering, .
- GD Goh, S Agarwala, GL Goh, V Dikshit, SL Sing, WY Yeong. (2017). Additive manufacturing in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs): Challenges and potential. Aerospace Science and Technology, 63, 140–151.