|Asst/Prof Yeong received her BEng( 1st class Hons) and PhD degrees in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining MAE in 2013, she has industrial experiences in technical and supervisory functions in research and development, manufacturing and quality systems.|
She has worked as a Research Engineer in SIMTech Singapore, Associate Research Scientist at Abbott Vascular, Research Fellow at MSE NTU, and Principal Engineer at Alcon Singapore. Her main research interest is in 3D printing, bioprinting and the translational of the advanced technologies for industrial applications. Her current research topics include 3D printing of metal implant, multi-functional and lightweight structures and bioprinting for tissue engineering. She is also keen on developing translational technologies and new inventions.
She has co-authored 2 textbooks in Bioprinting and 3D printing. She leads sponsored projects in both 3D printing and Bioprinting.
|Rapid prototyping, Additive manufacturing, 3D Bioprinting, Lightweight structure and analysis, Metal 3D printing, Qualification ad certification of AM parts, Biomedical, aerospace and defence applications, Regulatory Issues.|
- S.L. Sing, W.Y. Yeong, F.E. Wiria, B.Y. Tay, Z. Zhao, L. Zhao, Z. Tian, S. Yang. (2017). Direct Selective Laser Sintering and Melting of Ceramics: A review. Rapid Prototyping Journal, .
- V Dikshit, YL Yap, GD Goh, H Yang, JC Lim, X Qi, WY Yeong, J Wei. (2017). Investigation of out of plane compressive strength of 3D printed sandwich composites. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and EngineeringIOP Publishing Ltd.
- Yee Ling Yap, Chengcheng Wang, Swee Leong Sing, Vishwesh Dikshit, Wai Yee Yeong, Jun Wei. (2017). Material jetting additive manufacturing: An experimental study using designed metrological benchmarks. Precision Engineering, .
- GD Goh, S Agarwala, GL Goh, V Dikshit, SL Sing, WY Yeong. (2017). Additive manufacturing in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs): Challenges and potential. Aerospace Science and Technology, 63, 140–151.
- Vishwesh Dikshit, Arun Prasanth Nagalingam, Yee Ling Yap, Swee Leong Sing, Wai Yee Yeong, Jun Wei. (2017). Investigation of Quasi-Static Indentation Response of Inkjet Printed Sandwich Structures under Various Indenter Geometries. Materials, 10(3), 290.