|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Yeong Wai Yee
Assistant Chair (Students), School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4343
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2007
- BEng(Hons) (Mech & Prodtn Engrg) Nanyang Technological University 2003
|Asst/Prof Yeong received her BEng( 1st class Hons) and PhD degrees in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining MAE in 2013, she has industrial experiences in technical and supervisory functions in research and development, manufacturing and quality systems.|
She has worked as a Research Engineer in SIMTech Singapore, Associate Research Scientist at Abbott Vascular, Research Fellow at MSE NTU, and Principal Engineer at Alcon Singapore. Her main research interest is in 3D printing, bioprinting and the translational of the advanced technologies for industrial applications. Her current research topics include 3D printing of metal implant, multi-functional and lightweight structures and bioprinting for tissue engineering. She is also keen on developing translational technologies and new inventions.
She has co-authored 2 textbooks in Bioprinting and 3D printing. She leads sponsored projects in both 3D printing and Bioprinting.
|Rapid prototyping, Additive manufacturing, 3D Bioprinting, Lightweight structure and analysis, Metal 3D printing, Qualification ad certification of AM parts, Biomedical, aerospace and defence applications, Regulatory Issues.|
- 3D Printing for Biomedical Applications
- 3D printing of thermal-responsive drug delivery platform
- Biofabrication and tissue engineering via additive manufacturing techniques
- Development Of RPE-Photoreceptors Complex For InvestigationOf Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Development of a new bioprinter and bio-ink using Structo SLA 3D Printer
- Development of a novel “Bio-ink” for 3D printing
- Development of an Asian-skin in a microfluidic plate for safety assessment
- Hybridization of additive manufacturing and direct write method for fabricating unmanned aerial vehicle parts with printed electronics
- In-situ alloying of metallic systems
- Programme: Aerospace and Defence
- HEANG KUAN JOEL TAN, WAI YEE YEONG. (2018). Multi-layer 2D grain structure simulation in selective laser melting of stainless steel 316L. 3rd International Conference on Progress in Additive Manufacturing (Pro-AM).
- Pujiang Shi, Edgar Yong Sheng Tan, Wai Yee Yeong, Hoi Yeung Li, Augustinus Laude. (2018). A bilayer photoreceptor-retinal tissue model with gradient cell density design: a study of microvalve-based bioprinting. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, .
- S.L. Sing, F.E. Wiria, W.Y. Yeong. (2018). Selective laser melting of lattice structures: A statistical approach to manufacturability and mechanical behavior. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 49, 170-180.
- Vishwesh Dikshit, Arun Prasanth Nagalingam, Yee Ling Yap, Swee Leong Sing, Wai Yee Yeong, Jun Wei. (2018). Crack monitoring and failure investigation on inkjet printed sandwich structures under quasi-static indentation test. Materials and Design, 137, 140-151.
- Goh G D, Dikshit V, Nagalingam A P, Goh G L, Agarwala S, Sing S L, Wei J, Yeong W Y. (2018). Characterization of mechanical properties and fracture mode of additively manufactured carbon fiber and glass fiber reinforced thermoplastics. Materials and Design, 137, 79-89.