|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yeong Wai Yee
Associate Chair (Students), School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Deputy Director (Technical), HP-NTU Digital Manufacturing Corporate Lab
Phone: +65 67905130
Office: N3 02B 60
|Asst/Prof Yeong received her BEng( 1st class Hons) and PhD degrees in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining MAE in 2013, she has worked in the manufacturing industry at supervisory functions in research and development, with key focus in medical device industry. |
She has worked as a Research Engineer in SIMTech Singapore, Associate Research Scientist at Abbott Vascular, Research Fellow at MSE NTU, and Principal Engineer at Alcon Singapore. Her main research interest is in 3D printing, bioprinting and the translational of the advanced technologies for industrial applications. Her current research topics include 3D printing of new materials, hybrid electronic-mechanical structures and bioprinting for tissue engineering.
She has co-authored 2 textbooks ( published by World Scientific and Elsevier respectively), published >60 papers, with a current H-index of 24. To-date, she has filed 2 PCT patents in new alloy and new bioink formulations. She leads sponsored projects of >$5million in both 3D printing and Bioprinting. Her works have been featured on Channel New Asia, the Straits Times, Todays and other media channels. Her students have received various awards including Best MAE PhD Thesis Award 2017, Springer Thesis Award 2017, URECA research poster award ( second prize) 2018 and several best paper awards at conferences. Recently, Prof Yeong's team has been shortlisted for an international award ( Science category of Lush Award 2018) for their research outcome in developing tissue models for animal-free testing.
She has served as Assistant Chair (Students) at MAE in 2017 , and is now serving as Associate Chair (Students). Her portfolio also includes serving as Programme Director (Aerospace and Defence) at Singapore Centre for 3D Printing ( SC3DP). At scholarly front, she is the associate editor for journals -- Virtual and Physical Prototyping, and the International Journal of Bioprinting.
She has shared her research at various platform including industrial forum as well as scientific conferences. She is also the technical program chair for the conference series Pro-AM 2014, 2016 and 2018.
|Rapid prototyping, Additive manufacturing, 3D Bioprinting, Metal 3D printing, Electronics printing, Bioelectronics, Fiber reinforced polymer composite, Regulatory and measurement sciences|
- 3D Printing for Biomedical Applications
- 3D printing of thermal-responsive drug delivery platform
- A novel 3D bioengineered network with implanted pancreatic islet cells and immediate vascularization as a model for pancreatic islet transplantation
- Biofabrication and tissue engineering via additive manufacturing techniques
- Development Of RPE-Photoreceptors Complex For InvestigationOf Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Development of a new bioprinter and bio-ink using Structo SLA 3D Printer
- Development of a novel “Bio-ink” for 3D printing
- Development of an Asian-skin in a microfluidic plate for safety assessment
- Hybridization of additive manufacturing and direct write method for fabricating unmanned aerial vehicle parts with printed electronics
- In-situ alloying of metallic systems
- Pillar 1-3DP Programme (HP)
- Pillar 1-3DP Programme (IAF-ICP)
- Pillar 1-3DP Programme (NTU)
- Programme: Aerospace and Defence
- Mustafa Hussian Kathawala, Wei Long Ng, Dan Liu, May Win Naing, Wai Yee Yeong, Kara Spiller, Mark van Dyke, Kee Woei Ng. (2019). Healing of Chronic Wounds -An Update of Recent Developments and Future Possibilities. Tissue Engineering Part B Reviews, .
- G. D. Goh, Y. L. Yap, H. K. J. Tan, S. L. Sing, G. L. Goh & W. Y. Yeong. (2019). Process–Structure–Properties in Polymer Additive Manufacturing via Material Extrusion: A Review. Critical Reviews in Solid State and Materials Sciences, .
- Guo Dong, Goh;Yee Ling, Yap; Shweta, Agarwala; Wai Yee, Yeong. (2019). Recent Progress in Additive Manufacturing of Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite. Advanced Materials Technologies, 4(1), 1800271.
- Jia Min Lee, Wei Long Ng, Wai Yee Yeong. (2019). Resolution and shape in bioprinting: strategizing towards complex tissue and organ printing. Applied Physics Reviews, .
- Guo Liang Goh, Shweta Agarwala, Wai Yee Yeong. (2019). Directed and On‐Demand Alignment of Carbon Nanotube: A Review toward 3D Printing of Electronics. Advanced Materials Interfaces , , 1801318.