|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Wang Xin
Associate Chair (Faculty), School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6316 8866
- PhD Hong Kong University of Science & Tech 2002
- MS Zhejiang University 1997
- BS Zhejiang University 1994
|Prof Wang Xin is currently in the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering since 2005. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Chemical Engineering from Zhe Jiang University, Ph.D. degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. His research interests include electrochemistry, electrochemical technologies for energy conversion. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 180 peer-reviewed journal papers, with total citation over 13500 and H-index of 61. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry(FRSC).|
|Prof Wang Xin's areas of expertise are electrochemistry and electrocatalysis. His current research works focus on fuel cell, energy storage and electrochemical reactor with co-generation of electricity and valuable chemicals.|
- CO2-switchable “Smart” Nanocatalysts for Recyclable Catalysis via Phase Transfer
- Cambridge Centre for Carbon Reduction in Chemical Technology (C4T): Electrochemical Multi-Scale Science, Engineering and Technology (ESMET) (IRP2.1)
- Catalytic conversion of cellulose, biomass derived platform chemicals towards a more environmentally sustainable energy and chemical economy
- Development Of Carbon-Metal Hybrid Materials For The Application Of High Performance Batteries
- Development of A Total Solution of Exhaust Gas Cleaning System and Its Installation for Dry Cargo Carriers
- Development of Novel Electrocatalyst for Selective Electro-Reduction of Carbon Dioxide
- Novel non-noble metal electrocatalysts for electrochemical hydrogen production
- T.H. Nguyen, X. Wang*. (2010). Multifunctional composite membrane based on a highly porous polyimide matrix for direct methanol fuel cells. Journal of Power Sources, 195, 1024.
- S.Y. Wang, S.P. Jiang*, T.J. White, Jun Guo, X. Wang*. (2009). Electrocatalytic Activity and Interconnectivity of Pt Nanoparticles on Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes for Fuel Cells. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Part C: Nanomaterials, Interfaces and Hard Matter, 113, 18935.
- T.H. Nguyen, C. Wang, X. Wang*. (2009). Pore-filling membrane for direct methanol fuel cells based on sulfonated poly(styrene-ran-ethylene) and porous polyimide matrix. Journal of Membrane Science, 342, 208.
- Shuangyin Wang, San Ping Jiang,*, Xin Wang*. (2008). Polyelectrolyte functionalized carbon nanotubes as support for noble metal electrocatalysts and their activity for methanol oxidation. Nanotechnology, .
- Kristian, N., Yan, Y., Wang, X.*. (2008). Highly efficient submonolayer Pt-decorated Au nano-catalysts for formic acid oxidation. Chemical Communications, (3), 353-355.
« Back to Research Directory