|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Viet Ha Hoang
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD University of Cambridge 2000
- BSc (Maths) (Hons) University of Wollongong 1997
|Assistant Professor Hoang Viet Ha joint the Division of Mathematica Sciences in July 2008. He received his Bachelor degree in Mathematics from the University of Wollongong in 1996 and his PhD in Mathematics from the Unviersity of Cambridge in 2000. He was a research fellow of Gonville and Caius College and the Meggitt fellow of Emmanuel College, Cambridge before joining the NTU. His research interests include multiscale problems, probabilistic partial differential equations and numerical analysis.|
|Assistant Professor Hoang Viet Ha ares of expertise is multiscale problems, multiscale computations, homogenization, random partial differential equations. Currently he is working on some computational problems for multiscale problems using sparse finite elements and wavelet.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Bayesian Inverse Problems and Uncertainty Quantification
- Efficient Numerical Methods for Stochastic Elastic, Elastic Wave and Advection-diffusion Equations
- Fast Simulation of High-Frequency, Multiscale Acoustic and Electromagnetic Waves
- Multiscale, High dimensional, Stochastic Mathematics and Computation of Composites and Metamaterials
- Seed Funding
- V. H. Hoang and Ch. Schwab. (2012). Analytic regularity and generalized polynomial chaos approximation for parametric and random 2nd order hyperbolic partial differential equations,. Analysis and Applications, 10(3), 295–326.
- V. H. Hoang. (2012). Bayesian inverse problems in measure spaces with application to Burgers and Hamilton-Jacobi equations with white noise forcing. Inverse problems, 28, 025009.
- P. H. Haynes, V. H. Hoang, J. R. Norris and K. Zygalakis.(2010). Homogenization for advection-diffusion in a perforated domain,. Probability and Mathematical Genetics, Papers in honours of Sir John Kingman,(396-414). Cambridge University Press.
- V. H. Hoang. (2009). Bounds for the effective stress of classical and strain gradient plastic composites. Siam Journal on Applied Mathematics, 69, 1598-1617.
- V. H. Hoang. (2009). Stress-elastic strain relation for a two phase isotropic plastic composite. European Journal of Applied Mathematics, .
« Back to Research Directory