|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Theng Yin Leng
Acting Director, Ageing Research Institute for Society and Education
Research Director for Arts, Humanities, Education and Social Sciences, President's Office
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: ADM03-03A / WKWSCI 05-08
- PGCHE Middlesex University 2000
- PhD Middlesex University 1997
- MSc U of Manchester Inst of Sci & Technology 1995
- DipEd National University of Singapore 1984
- BSc National University of Singapore 1983
|Dr. Theng Yin Leng is Professor and Director at the Centre of Healthy and Sustainable Cities (CHESS) at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, and Research Director at the Research Strategy and Coordination Unit (President’s Office), Nanyang Technological University (NTU, Singapore). Dr.|
|Theng's research interests are mainly in user-centred design, interaction design and usability engineering. She has participated in varying capacities as principal investigator, co-investigator and collaborator in numerous research projects in the United Kingdom and Singapore since 1998. In the area of research, Dr.Theng’s philosophy is about doing worthwhile, scientifically-based experimental Human-Computer Interaction in understanding users and their interactions, especially for Information Systems, in her earlier research on the World Wide Web and Digital Libraries, and with recent focus on interactive systems/devices for Healthcare and Education. Her main research interest is to develop innovative tools, techniques, methods and models to assist in the design and evaluation of interactive systems/devices, making research relevant and impacting society. From 2003 to 2015, as a PI, she has garnered a total of slightly over S$3M as PI and about S$2M as Co-PI and Collaborator. Dr. Theng has more than 200 papers and publishes widely in top-tiered international journals and conferences. Recent interests include applying user issues to elderly & technologies, games for health, health informatics, smart nation & metrics.|
- A*STAR – NHG – NTU Rehabilitation Research Grant (2017-) [by A*STAR/NHG/NTU]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2014-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-)
- Institute for Media Innovation Grant (2013-)
- MOH – CAHIG (2016-) [by Ministry of Health (MOH)]
- NRF SRIE Programme (2015-)
- Taggle Pte Ltd (2016-) [by Taggle Pte Ltd]
- Workplace Safety and Health Institute (2017-) [by WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH INSTITUTE (WSHI)]
- A Baseline, Cross-Sectional and Intervention Study Investigating Individual, Cultural and Organisational Factors Influencing Ownership of Workplace Health and Safety Leading to a Mindset Change and Actions.
- A Crowdsourcing Approach to Building a Smart City
- AGameF: Design and Development of an Intergenerational Digitally Mediated Fitness Game for Elderly Users
- Altmetrics: Exploring and Rethinking New Ways of Measuring Research Outputs
- Altmetrics: Rethinking and Exploring New Ways of Measuring Research Outputs
- An Investigation of Elderly Enjoyment and Social Motivations on Exergame
- Baseline study to gather information about pregnancy related knowledge and risk perceptions among potential mothers in Bangladesh
- Data Analytics Development for Basic Health Screening Related Games
- Enjoyment and Social Motivations on Elderly Exergame
- Exploring Virtual Worlds Usage Intentions as a Collaborative Tool
- Information Literacy
- Investigating Users' Emotions while Web Searching for Health Information
- Modelling Information Behaviour of Patients with Chronical Illness: Diabetes and Chronic Heart Conditions
- Modelling and Optimising Home Care And Caregiving Services For The Elderly
- Multi-Platform Game Innovation Centre (MAGIC)
- Multi-Screen Social TV: Investigating Determinants Of Users' Attitude, Viewing Behavior And Engagement
- QiVMDL - Towards a Socially Constructed Virtual Museum and Digital Library for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage: A Case of the Chinese "Qipao"
- Social and Health Communications and Issues
- Strategies for effective social media information seeking: New research framework, taxonomy and multilevel testing
- Toward an intergrated model of problematic consumption: the role of online shopping, self-regulation and susceptibility to advertising.
- Virtual Integrated Therapy for Active Living (VITAL) Health Box: A Monitoring and Motivating Companion to Reduce Frailty and Maintain Health for Older Adults
- Theng, Y.L., Foo, S., Goh, H.L.D., & Na, J.C. (2008). Handbook of Research on Digital Libraries: Design, Development and Impact. IGI Global, Hershey, PA.
- Theng, Y.L., Tan, K.L., Lim, E.P., Zhang, J., Goh, D.H., Chatterjea, K., Chew, C.H., Sun, A., Han, Y., Dang, N.H., Li, Y.Y. and Vo, M.C. (2007). Proceedings of the ACM+IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL 2007: Mobile G-Portal supporting collaborative sharing and learning in geography fieldwork: An empirical study. (pp. 462-471)Canada.
- Theng, Y.L., Goh, D., Lim, E.P., Liu, Z.H., Ming, Y., Pang, N., Wong, B.B. (2005). Applying Scenario-Based Design and Claims Analysis on the Design of a Digital Library of Geography Examination Resources. Information Processing and Management, 41(1), 23-40.