|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Thomas Rockstuhl
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Leadership, Management & Organisation
|Thomas Rockstuhl is associate professor in management at the Nanyang Business School. His research focuses on generalizability of theories across cultural contexts, and on assessing the dynamic capabilities of individuals, teams, and organizations to function effectively in intercultural contexts. |
He has published widely, including a lead article in the Journal of Applied Psychology, and papers in journals such as Journal of Organizational Behavior, Applied Psychology: An International Review, Journal of Social Issues, International Journal of Intercultural Relations, NeuroLeadership; etc. He has also consulted and conducted research widely for major corporations, such as Siemens, ThyssenKrupp, Bayer, BASF, SAP, Microsourcing, or International Air Transport Association; as well as governmental agencies in the Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, Singapore, Switzerland, and Turkey.
|Thomas Rockstuhl's research expertise is in the area of international organizational behavior, focusing on the development and validation of corpuses of cultural stimuli to assess intercultural situational judgment and on the role of culture and cultural intelligence in the domains of leadership and multicultural teams. |
His specific research areas of interest are as follows:
1. Cultural Intelligence - Measurement, Developmental Interventions, and Impact
2. Emotion Recognition –Vocal & Facial Emotion Expressions Across Cultures
3. Global Leadership - The Role of Culture and Cultural Intelligence on Leadership Effectiveness
4. Multicultural Teams - Factors Affecting Interpersonal Trust in Culturally Diverse Teams
- Cultural Intelligence And Innovation In Global Contexts
- Rockstuhl, T., & Ng, K. Y. (2019, August). Multimedia SJT: A tool to prepare sojourners for study abroad. Paper presented at Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Boston, MS.
- Barros, V., Rockstuhl, T., Ng, K.-Y., & Ang, S. (2019). When experts (& novices) meet intercultural conflict: Protocol & comparative analyses. Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Annual Meeting.
- Eisenberger, R., Rockstuhl, T., Shoss, M. K., Wen, X., & Dulebohn, J. (2019). Is the employment relationship dying or thriving? A temporal meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, .
- Rockstuhl, T., & Van Dyne, L. (2018). A bi-factor theory of the four-factor model of cultural intelligence: Meta-analysis and theoretical extensions. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 148, 124-144.
- Rockstuhl, T. (2018). LMX & Culture: From Comparing Cultures to Bridging Cultural Differences. 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.