|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Tong Ping
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
Phone: (+65)6513 7457
- PhD (Math) Tsinghua University 2012
- BS (Math and Applied Math) Beijing Normal University 2007
|Ping Tong is an assistant professor jointly at Division of Mathematical Science and Asian School of the Environment, Nanyang Technological University. He has a Ph.D. in computational mathematics from Tsinghua University and B.A. degree in mathematics from Beijing Normal University. From September to August 2014, he was a postdoctoral research fellow at Department of Physics, University of Toronto. After that and before joining NTU, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Department of Geophysics, Stanford University.|
|Numerical methods, inverse problems, seismic imaging (migration+tomography), time-series analysis|
- Sumatra Subduction Imaging
- Ping Tong, Dinghui Yang, Dongzhuo Li, Qinya Liu. (2017). Time-evolving seismic tomography: The method and its application to the 1989 Loma Prieta and 2014 South Napa earthquake area, California. Geophysical Research Letters, 44(7), 3165-3175.
- Lihui Chai, Ping Tong, Xu Yang. (2017). Frozen Gaussian approximation for 3-D seismic wave propagation. Geophysical Journal International, 208(1), 59-74.
- Xueyuan Huang, Dinghui Yang, Ping Tong, Yanjie Zhou. (2016). 3D Nearly Analytic Central Difference Method for Computation of Sensitivity Kernels of Wave‐Equation‐Based Seismic Tomography. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 106(6), 2877-2899.
« Back to Category Write-up