|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Stephen Campbell
Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences
Phone: +65 65927883
Office: HSS 05 48
|Stephen Campbell (PhD, Anthropology, University of Toronto, 2015) is a sociocultural anthropologist in the School of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. His current research focuses on labour regulation, postcolonial political economy, and the anthropology of state formation in Myanmar. His previous project examined the restructuring of migrant labour regulation along the Thai-Myanmar border.|
|anthropology of state formation, political economy, labour migration, border studies, Myanmar, Thailand, workerist/autonomist theory|
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Reading Myanmar’s inland fisheries: Postcolonial literature as theoretical lens. Inter-Asia Cultural Studies, 20(1), 2 - 18.
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Labour formalization as selective hegemony in reform-era Myanmar. The Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology, 20(1), 57 - 73.
- Stephen Campbell. (2018). Towards a dialectical anthropology of capitalism. Social Anthropology, .
- Stephen Campbell. (2018). Migrant Waste Collectors in Thailand’s Informal Economy: Mapping Class Relations. European Journal of East Asian Studies, 17(2), 263-288.
- Stephen Campbell. (2018). Capitalist Trajectories in Mekong Southeast Asia. European Journal of East Asian Studies, 17(2), 181-191.
« Back to Category Write-up