|Prof. Dr. LAM Siu Lee Jasmine has extensive experience in university teaching, executive training, research and consultancy in the fields of maritime studies, logistics, sustainable development. She is the Director of Maritime Studies programme and Centre Director of Maritime Energy and Sustainable Development (MESD) Centre of Excellence. She has been invited by various organisations such as OECD, NOL, port authorities and banks as a key speaker at international conferences and seminars. |
Working closely with the industry, government agencies and other reputed universities, Prof Lam has completed a plenty of both technical and consultancy/ industrial projects, such as port master plan, port competitiveness and innovation, green port and shipping, liner shipping competition, trade flow and logistics plan, ASEAN maritime connectivity, and establishing maritime centre/ cluster. She has widely published in leading international journals including Transportation Research Part A, Part B, Part D, and Part E, Transportation, Transportation Science, Transport Reviews, Energy,
Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of Transport Geography, Maritime Policy & Management, and Industrial Marketing Management. She is the Associate Editor of Maritime Policy & Management (a flagship journal of maritime research), and a member of the editorial review board of Journal of Supply Chain Management (a top journal in management). She is also the elected Vice President of International Association of Maritime Economists and a member of BNP Paribas Chair international scientific committee headquartered in France. Prof Lam is the recipient of many awards, including the following.
- Maritime Policy & Management Best Published Manuscript Award, 2015 and 2017
- National Day Honours 2015 Commendation Medal awarded by the President of Singapore, Prime Minister’s Office, 2015
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Quality, Reliability, Risk, Maintenance, and Safety Engineering, 2014
- Erasmus Mundus Scholars Award, European Commission, 2014-2016
- Next Generation Container Port Challenge Commendation Prize, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore and Singapore Maritime Institute, 2013
- Eagle Prize, The International Association of Maritime Economists, 2012
- Best Reviewer Award, The International Association of Maritime Economists Annual Conference, 2012
- Eminent Scholar Award, Chinese government, 2012
- Best Paper Award, The International Association of Maritime Economists Annual Conference, 2006
- Scholarship for MSc study awarded by the Administration of Foreign Affairs of Flanders, Belgium
NTU -- http://www.cee.ntu.edu.sg/aboutus/FacultyDir/Pages/csllam.aspx
Research Gate -- https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jasmine_Siu_Lee_Lam
|Management, strategy and modelling for supply chains, shipping, ports and other related areas; |
Development of integrated intelligent systems/ decision support systems;
Innovation, including data analytics, block chain
Port competition and cooperation;
Supply chain management;
Maritime and port policy;
Trade and maritime developments, especially for Asia, including Belt and Road Initiative
- Bai, X; Lam, JSL. (2019). A copula-GARCH approach for analyzing dynamic conditional dependency structure between liquefied petroleum gas freight rate, product price arbitrage and crude oil price (Free access to full text till 3 Feb 2019: https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1YE0FW3fceKXL). Energy Economics, 78, 412-427.
- Zhang, Xiunian; Lam, Jasmine Siu Lee. (2018). Shipping Mode Choice in Cold Chain from A Value-based Management Perspective. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 110, 147-167.
- Zhang, Wei; Lam, Jasmine Siu Lee. (2017). An Empirical Analysis of Maritime Cluster Evolution from the Port Development Perspective – Cases of London and Hong Kong. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 105, 219–232.
- Lam, J.S.L. and Gu, Y. (2016). A market-oriented approach for intermodal network optimisation meeting cost, time and environmental requirements. International Journal of Production Economics, 171(Part 2), 266-274.
- Lam, J.S.L. (2015). Designing a Sustainable Maritime Supply Chain: A Hybrid QFD-ANP Approach. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 78, 70-81.