|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Pan, Sinno Jialin
Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Dr Sinno Jialin Pan is a Provost's Chair Associate Professor with the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He received his Ph.D. degree in computer science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in 2011. Prior to joining NTU, he was a scientist and Lab Head of text analytics with the Data Analytics Department, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore from Nov. 2010 to Nov. 2014. He joined NTU as a Nanyang Assistant Professor (university named assistant professor) in Nov. 2014. He was named to "AI 10 to Watch" by the IEEE Intelligent Systems magazine in 2018. His research interests include transfer learning, and its applications to wireless-sensor-based data mining, text mining, sentiment analysis, and software engineering.|
|Machine learning and artificial intelligence, especially transfer learning and its applications to opinion mining, social media analysis, information extraction in text, WiFi-based indoor mobile localization, recommender system, and software engineering.|
- A General Framework of Scalable Supervised Hashing for Big Media Data Retrieval
- A Geo-Distributed Multi-task Learning Platform for Big Data Analytics
- A New End-to-End Semi-supervised Learning Framework for Activity Recognition
- An AI-Powered Big Data Platform for Analytics and Intervention in Pain Management
- Crowdsourcing a Personalized Practice Environment for Mathematics through Data Analytics
- Learning to Explore for Deep Reinforcement Learning through Hashing
- Multilingual Semantic Analysis (II)
- Provost’s Chair in Computer Science and Engineering (Sinno Jialin Pan)
- Transfer Learning: Linking Low-Level Social Sensing to High-Level User Behavior Understanding
- VIBSens: Visible Light Building Sentience for Lightweight & Efficient Smartness
- Joey Tianyi Zhou, Ivor W. Tsang, Sinno Jialin Pan and Mingkui Tan. (2019). Multi-class Heterogeneous Domain Adaptation. Journal of Machine Learning Research, 20, 51:1-51:31.
- Wenya Wang, Sinno Jialin Pan, Daniel Dahlmeier. (2018). Memory Networks for Fine-grained Opinion Mining. Artificial Intelligence, 265, 1-17.
- Xin Dong, Shangyu Chen and Sinno Jialin Pan. (2017). Learning to Prune Deep Neural Networks via Layer-wise Optimal Brain Surgeon. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 30 (NIPS-17) (pp. 4860-4874).
- Sulin Liu, Sinno Jialin Pan and Qirong Ho. (2017). Proceedings of the 21th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining 2017: Distributed Multi-Task Relationship Learning. (pp. 937-946).
- Sinno Jialin Pan, Ivor W. Tsang, James T. Kwok and Qiang Yang. (2011). Domain Adaptation via Transfer Component Analysis. IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 22(2), 199-210.
« Back to Research Directory