|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Shen Rui
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6316 8798
- PhD (Accounting) Hong Kong University of Science & Tech 2009
- MS (Accounting) Tsinghua University 2004
- BA (Accounting) Tsinghua University 2001
|Rui holds a PhD Accounting from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Before joining NBS, Rui worked as an assistant professor at Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University. He has taught Financial Analysis and Equity Valuation for master students in finance and Accounting for non-business master students. His main research interests are in the area of heterogeneous interpretations of public accounting information, market anomaly and corporate decisions. His research has been published in The Accounting Review and Strategic Management Journal.|
|Capital Market, Corporate Finance, Voluntary Disclosure, Analyst Forecast, Disagreement, Social Intangibles|
- Media Attention and Managerial Behaviour
- Parameter Uncertainty, Different Interpretations and Post-Earnings-Announcement-Drift
- Kai Li, Buhui Qiu, Rui Shen. (2017). Organization Capital and Mergers and Acquisitions. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Accepted.
- Tang, Yi., Qian, Cuili., Chen, Guoli., & Shen, Rui. (2015). How CEO hubris affects corporate social (ir)responsibility. Strategic Management Journal, 36(9), 1338–1357.
- Shen, Rui., Tang, Yi., & Chen, Guoli. (2014). When the role fits: How firm status differentials affect corporate takeovers. Strategic Management Journal, 35(13), 2012-2030.
- Hilary, Gilles., & Shen, Rui. (2013). The Role of analysts in intra-industry information transfer. The Accounting Review, 88(4), 1265-1287.
« Back to Research Directory