|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Sourav Sen Gupta
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4587
- PhD in Computer Science Indian Statistical Institute 2014
- MMath in Pure Mathematics University of Waterloo 2008
- BE in Electronics and TeleComm Jadavpur University 2006
|Sourav Sen Gupta is a Researcher and Teacher, positioned precariously at the confluence of Computer Science, Mathematics, and Engineering. While his research interest revolves around the "science of security" (primarily focused on cryptology), he loves to teach the "art of analytics" (broadly dealing with data science). Sourav is affiliated with the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, as a Lecturer, since January 2018. Prior to this, he was affiliated with the R C Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security, at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. Sourav's primary research interest is in the field of Cryptology, and at present, he takes an active interest in the evolving research areas of Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology, as well as in applications of Machine Learning in Cybersecurity. Over the last few years, Sourav has published research papers in top-tier journals and conferences in cryptology and security, has served in technical committees of top conferences in related fields, has reviewed articles for numerous international journals and conferences, and has presented invited seminars/tutorials at several prestigious venues.|
|Cryptographic Designs, Cryptanalysis, Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology, Machine Learning in Cybersecurity.|
- Mayank Raikwar; Subhra Mazumdar; Sushmita Ruj; Sourav Sen Gupta; Anupam Chattopadhyay; Kwok-Yan Lam. (2018). A Blockchain Framework for Insurance Processes. 2018 9th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS) (pp. 1-4)Paris, France.
- Vineet Kumar, Aneek Roy, Sourya Sengupta, Sourav Sen Gupta. (2017). Information Systems Security: Parallelized Common Factor Attack on RSA. International Conference on Information Systems Security (ICISS 2017) (pp. 303-312)Mumbai, India: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10717. Springer.
- Santanu Sarkar, Sourav Sen Gupta, Goutam Paul, Subhamoy Maitra. (2015). Proving TLS-attack related open biases of RC4. Designs Codes and Cryptography, 77(1), 231-253.
- Sourav Sen Gupta, Subhamoy Maitra, Willi Meier, Goutam Paul, Santanu Sarkar. (2015). Fast Software Encryption: Dependence in IV-Related Bytes of RC4 Key Enhances Vulnerabilities in WPA. International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption (FSE 2014) (pp. 350-369)London, United Kingdom: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 8540. Springer.
- Sourav Sen Gupta, Subhamoy Maitra, Goutam Paul, Santanu Sarkar. (2014). (Non-)Random Sequences from (Non-)Random Permutations—Analysis of RC4 Stream Cipher. Journal of Cryptology, 27(1), 67-108.