|After receiving an initial degree in organic chemistry, Stephan C. Schuster moved into Biochemistry and Microbiology during his graduate studies, at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biochemistry in Martinsried, Germany. In his postdoctoral studies at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, USA, he continued his work on Bacterial Motility and Signal Transduction. Holding group leader positions at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biochemistry in Martinsried, Germany (1994-2000) and the Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology in Tuebingen, Germany (2000-2004), he subsequently moved into the field of Genomics working on vertebrate and microbial projects. In 2005 Stephan C. Schuster was appointed Associate Professor for Molecular Microbial Ecology at Pennsylvania State University (PSU), USA. He currently is a Full Professor working at the Center for Comparative Genomics and Bioinformatics (PSU), and is a founding member of SCELSE (RCE) at Nanyang Technical University (NTU), Singapore. His current research interests include Metagenomics, Evolutionary Biology and ancient DNA.|
- Ms. Carmon Kee , Dr. Ana Carolina Martins Junqueira , Dr. Akira Uchida , Mr. Rikky Wenang Purbojati , Dr. James N. I. Houghton , Dr. Caroline Chénard , Mr. Anthony Wong , Ms. Sandra Kolundžija , Ms. Megan E. Clare , Kavita K Kushwaha , Deepa Panicker , Mr. Alexander Putra , Mr. Nicolas E. Gaultier , Mr. Balakrishnan N. V. Premkrishnan , Ms. Cassie E. Heinle , Mr. Vineeth Kodengil Vettath , Dr. Daniela I. Drautz-Moses , Dr. Stephan C. Schuster (corr-auth). (2018). The Complete Genome of Pseudomonas stutzeri Type Strain SGAir0442 isolated from Singapore Air Samples. Genome announcements, .
- Junqueira ACM, Ratan A, Acerbi E, Drautz-Moses DI, Premkrishnan BNV, Costea PI, Linz B, Purbojati RW, Paulo DF, Gaultier NE, Subramanian P, Hasan NA, Colwell RR, Bork P, Azedo-Espin AML, Bryant DA, Schuster SC. (2018). The microbiomes of blowflies and houseflies as bacterial transmission reservoirs. Scientific Reports, 7(16324).
- Vettah VK, Junqueira ACM, Uchida A, Purbojati RW, Houghton JNI, Chénard C, Drautz-Moses D, Wong A, Kolundžija S, Clare ME, Lau KJX, Gaultier NE, Heinle CE, Premkrishnan BNV, Gusareva ES, Acerbi E, Yang L, Schuster SC. (2017). Complete Genome Sequence of Bacillus altitudinis Type Strain SGAir0031 Isolated from Tropical Air Collected in Singapore. Genome announcements, 5(45).
- Acerbi E, Chenard C, Miller D, Gaultier NE,Heinle CE,Chang VW, Uchida A, Drautz-Moses DI,Chuster SC, Lauro FM. (2016). Ecological succession of the microbial communities of an air conditioning cooling coil in the tropics. Indoor Air, .
- JUNQUEIRA ACM, AZEREDO-ESPIN AML, PAULO DFP, MARINHO MAT, TOMSHO LP, DRAUTZ-MOSES DI, PURBOJATI RW, RATAN A, SCHUSTER SC. (2016). Large-scale mitogenomics enables insights into Schizophora (Diptera) radiation and population diversity. Scientific Reports, 6, 21762.