|After receiving an initial degree in organic chemistry, Stephan C. Schuster moved into Biochemistry and Microbiology during his graduate studies, at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biochemistry in Martinsried, Germany. In his postdoctoral studies at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, USA, he continued his work on Bacterial Motility and Signal Transduction. Holding group leader positions at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biochemistry in Martinsried, Germany (1994-2000) and the Max-Planck-Institute for Developmental Biology in Tuebingen, Germany (2000-2004), he subsequently moved into the field of Genomics working on vertebrate and microbial projects. In 2005 Stephan C. Schuster was appointed Associate Professor for Molecular Microbial Ecology at Pennsylvania State University (PSU), USA. He currently is a Full Professor working at the Center for Comparative Genomics and Bioinformatics (PSU), and is a founding member of SCELSE (RCE) at Nanyang Technical University (NTU), Singapore. His current research interests include Metagenomics, Evolutionary Biology and ancient DNA.|
- Acerbi E, Chenard C, Miller D, Gaultier NE,Heinle CE,Chang VW, Uchida A, Drautz-Moses DI,Chuster SC, Lauro FM. (2016). Ecological succession of the microbial communities of an air conditioning cooling coil in the tropics. Indoor Air, .
- JUNQUEIRA ACM, AZEREDO-ESPIN AML, PAULO DFP, MARINHO MAT, TOMSHO LP, DRAUTZ-MOSES DI, PURBOJATI RW, RATAN A, SCHUSTER SC. (2016). Large-scale mitogenomics enables insights into Schizophora (Diptera) radiation and population diversity. Scientific Reports, 6, 21762.
- Bedoya-Reina OC., Ratan A., Burhans R., Kim HL., Giardine B., Riemer C., Olson TO, Loughran T., vonHoldt BM., Perry GH, Schuster SC., and Miller W. (2013). Galaxy tools to study genome diversity. GigaScience, 2(1), 17.
- Kim HL., Schuster SC. (2013). Poor man’s 1000 genome project: Recent human population expansion confounds the detection of disease alleles in 7,098 complete mitochondrial genomes. Frontiers in Genetics, 4(13).
- Gupta R., Ratan A., Rajesh C., Chen R., Kim HL., Burhans R., Miller W., Santhosh S., Davuluri RV., Butte AJ, Schuster SC, Seshagiri S, and Thomas G. (2012). Sequencing and analysis of a South Asian-Indian personal genome. BMC Genomics, 13(1), 440.