|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Stewart Lloyd Arnold
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4654
- PhD University of Queensland 2010
- MA(OrgPsy) University of Queensland 1998
- BA(Hons) University of Queensland 1992
- BA University of Queensland 1990
|Stewart Arnold joined NBS in 2006 and has had several teaching, course coordination, curriculum development and executive education responsibilities. He has developed and taught undergraduate, MBA and EMBA classes in leadership and organisational behaviour. He has also contributed to a variety of management development courses for organisational clients provided by Nanyang Executive Programmes. |
Previously, Stewart was at the UQ Business School in Australia where he had wide ranging responsibilities, such as course co-ordination and lecturing an "Introduction to Managment" course for over 1,00 students enrolled across three campuses. He taught several undergraduate and postgraduate courses – weekend intensives, experiential learning classes, and overseas programs.
Stewart has 14 year’s industry experience as the co-founder of “Change Focus” - a specialist consulting firm of organisational psychologists based in Brisbane, Australia. Stewart's consulting experience includes a range of leadership and staff development courses; workshops on improving employee wellbeing; action research programmes for improving employee engagement; staff and executive recruitment; performance management; designing and improving teams; and organisation-wide projects such as strategic planning and visioning, organisational change and development. Over a several year project, his consultancy helped a major government client save millions of dollars in their approach to providing public transport.
Stewart has also done a variety of personal and workplace counseling, including volunteer work in Sri Lanka in early 2005 providing trauma counseling to villagers affected by the Tsunami.
|Stewart's research interests include: consultant-client relationships, employee engagement, organizational citizenship behaviors, organizational values, and the impact of organizational crises on management and staff. His current research focus is professionalism and how identifying as a professional affects one's work attitudes and behaviors.|
- Stewart L. Arnold and Samantha Yue.(2012). Perceptions of age diversity in Singapore: Implications for managing a diverse workforce. In Eddy S. Ng, Sean T. Lyons, & Linda Schweitzer(Ed), Managing the New Workforce: International Perspectives on the Millennial Generation(130-151). Edward Elgar Publishing Limited.
- Stewart L. Arnold, Doan T. Nguyen and Nicole Hartley. (2011). Pro bono service shed new light into commercial friendship. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 19(4), 381-394.
- Arnold S.L.(2010). Organizational Values Integrity: A New Concept of Value Congruence. In Sanjay T.Menon(Ed), Competing Values in an Uncertain Environment: Managing the Paradox(397-405). Shreveport, LA, USA: ISSWOV.
- Arnold, S. L. (2010). Competing Values in an Uncertain Environment: Managing the Paradox: Organizational Citizenship Behaviors: Just How Important is Context?. (pp. 161-170)Shreveport, LA, USA: International Society for the Study of Work and Organizational Values.
- Arnold S.L.(2010). Organizational Citizenship Behaviors: Just How Important is Context?. Competing Values in an Uncertain Environment: Managing the Paradox(161-170). Shreveport, LA, USA: ISSWOV.
« Back to Research Directory