|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Ru Hong
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4661
- PhD Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2015
- MFin Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2010
- BA Fudan University 2008
|Dr. Hong Ru joined Nanyang Business School in NTU as an Assistant Professor of Banking & Finance division in 2015. His research interests include financial intermediary, Chinese economy, corporate finance, and household finance. Dr. Ru's researches have been published at top journals and presented at many conferences including AFA, NBER, SFS Cavalcade, and received best paper awards many times. His researches have been covered by Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, NBER Digest, and ABFER Digest. Dr. Ru is also the research director of the Centre for RMB Internalization Studies (CRIS) in NTU. Dr. Ru received his Ph.D. in finance from the MIT Sloan School of Management in 2015.|
|Corporate Finance, Household Finance, Chinese Economy|
- Do Credit Card Companies Screen for Behavioral Biases?Implicit Trade Credit: The Intermediary Role of Connections
- How bank competition and expansion affect the economic growth and efficiency: Microeconomic evidence from deregulation on bank entries in China
- Haoyu Gao, Hong Ru, and Dragon Yongjun Tang. (2019). Subnational Debt of China: The Politics-Finance Nexus. Journal of Financial Economics, R&R.
- Hong Ru. (2018). Government Credit, a Double-Edged Sword: Evidence from the China Development Bank. The Journal of Finance, 73.1, 275-316.
« Back to Research Directory