|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Su Rong
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6042
- PhD (Sys & Ctrl) University of Toronto 2004
- MASc (Sys & Ctrl) University of Toronto 2000
- BSc (Automatic Ctrl) University of Science & Tech of China 1997
|Dr. Su obtained his BS degree from University of Science and Technology of China in 1997 in the area of automatic control, then his MASc and PhD degrees both from University of Toronto in 2000 and 2004 respectively in the area of electrical engineering. From 2004 to 2005 he was affiliated with Electrical Enginnering Department at University of Waterloo. After that he was affiliated with Computer Science Department and Mechanical Engineering Department at Eindhoven University of Technology in 2005-2007 and 2007-2010 respectively. Right now he is affiliated with School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University.
Dr. Su is interested in supervisory control and fault diagnosis of discrete-event systems, and system modeling, verification and algorithm analysis. Currently his research topics include distributed supervisory control and fault diagnosis, performance optimization by using max-plus algebra and effective modeling of concurrent systems.
Dr. Su is a member of IEEE and has served as a member of IFAC Technical Committee on Discrete-Event Hybrid Systems since 2005.
|(1) supervisory control of discrete-event systems
(2) model-based fault diagnosis of discrete-event systems
(3) system modeling, verification and algorithm analysis
- Development of NTU/ NXP- Intelligent Transport Systems Test-Bed
- Distributed Model Predictive Routing and Scheduling for Minimizing Network-wise En-Route and Airport Arrival Delay in Air Traffic Flow Management with an Eulerian-Lagrangian Flow Dynamic Model
- Embedded Machine for Hostile Environment on More Electric Engines
- Hierarchical Modelling and Real-time Operation Planning for LVHM Reconfigurable Manufacturing
- Integrated Fibre Optic Sensor Based Monitoring System for LNG Terminals
- Intelligent Power Allocation and Scheduling
- Interface for Human-Robot Interaction
- Scalable and Smart Building Energy Management Systems
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- Forschelen, S., Van de Mortel, F. J. M., Su, R., Rooda, J. E. (2012). Application of supervisory control theory to theme park vehicles. Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, , accepted.
- Rong Su, Jan H. van Schuppen and Jacobus E. Rooda. (2012). Maximum permissive coordinated distributed supervisory control of nondeterministic discrete-event systems. Automatica, , in press.
- Rong Su, Jan H. van Schuppen and Jacobus E. Rooda. (2012). The synthesis of time optimal supervisorys by using heaps-of-pieces. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 57(1), 105-118.
- Rong Su, Jan H. van Schuppen and Jacobus E. Rooda. (2012). On the complexity of computing a supremal minimum-weighted supervisor of a partially observed weighted discrete-event system. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, , cond. accepted.
- Rong Su, Gerhard Woeginger. (2011). String execution time for finite languages: max is easy, min is hard. Automatica, 47(10), 2326-2329.
« Back to Research Directory