|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Roderick Wayland Bates
Division of Chemistry & Biological Chemistry
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD University of London, Imperial College 1989
- BSc(Hon) University of London, Imperial College 1986
|Roderick Bates has been a member of the Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry of the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences since 2005. He received his Bachelor degree in Chemistry and Ph.D. degree in organic Chemistry from Imperial College London, and was an SERC-NATO postdoctoral fellow at Colorado State University. His research interests include Organic Synthesis, especially alkaloid synthesis and issues of stereochemical control. |
Natural Product Synthesis
- Active Natural Products in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Exploration of New Synthetic Methods for Heterocycle Synthesis
- Exploratory Chemistry – Rational Design for Hit-Finding
- Hydroformylation Reactions for Alkaloid Synthesis
- Methodology and Strategy for the Synthesis of Natural Products
- Nanyang Education Award (University) - 2014
- Samroiyotmycin: Synthesis and Anti-Malarial Activity
- Synthesis of Biologically Important Marine and Other Natural Products
- Synthesis of Tetrahydropyrans by Allene Cyclisation
- Targeting Oxidative Phosphorylation for the Rational Development of Sterilising Drug Combination for Drug-resistant Tuberculosis
- Two Metals are Better than One: Bimetallic Catalysis for Enhanced Reactivity and Selectivity
- R. W. Bates, S. Sridhar. (2009). A Synthesis of (+/-)-stemoamide using the intramolecular propargylic Barbier reaction. Synlett, , 1979-1981.
- Bates, R. W., Dewey, M. R. (2009). A Formal Synthesis of Swainsonine by Gold-Catalyzed Allene Cyclization. Organic Letters, 11, 3706.
- Bates, R.W.; Ping, S. (2009). Synthesis of (-)-Monomorine I. Synthesis, , 655-659.
- R.W.Bates, S.Sridhar. (2008). A Synthesis of (-)-Mintlactone. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 73, 8104.
- Roderick W. Bates,* Jutatip Boonsombat, Yongna Lu, Joseph A. Nemeth, Kanicha Sa-Ei, Ping Song, Melody Peiling Cai, Philippa B. Cranwell, SusAnn Winbush. (2008). N,O-Heterocycles As Synthetic Intermediates. Pure and Applied Chemistry, 80, 681.
« Back to Research Directory