|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Premchand Varma Dommaraju
School of Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD (Sociology) Arizona State University 2008
- MA (Sociology) University of Wyoming 2005
- BEng(Comp Sc)(Hons) University of Madras 1999
|Premchand Dommaraju joined the Division of Sociology, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, NTU in September 2010. Prior to that he was a post-doctoral fellow at the Asia Research Institute (ARI), National University of Singapore and was affiliated with the Changing Family in Asia Cluster. He received his Ph.D in Sociology from Arizona State University, USA.|
|Research areas: Social demography; Families and households; Marriage and divorce; Ageing and gerontology; Livability in cities.|
Geographical focus: South Asia; Singapore and Southeast Asia; Central Asia.
- Immigration and the Changing Patterns of Family Formation among Singapore Indians
- Impact of rock blasting on nearby structures
- Old Age in South India: Demographic, Health and Social Aspects of Ageing
- Social, economic and political change and family patterns in Reformasi Indonesia
- Dommaraju, Premchand. (2016). Divorce and Separation in India. Population and Development Review, 42(2), 195-223.
- Dommaraju, Premchand.(2016). Perspectives on Old Age in India. In C. Z. Guilmoto and G. W. Jones(Ed), Contemporary Demographic Transformations in China, India and Indonesia(293-308). New York: Springer.
- Dommaraju, Premchand. (2015). One-Person Households in India. Demographic Research, 32, 1239-1266.
- Dommaraju, Premchand and JooEan Tan. (2014). Households in Contemporary Southeast Asia. Journal of Comparative Family Studies, 45(4), 559-580.
- Agadjanian, Victor, Premchand Dommaraju and Lesia Nedoluzhko. (2013). Economic Fortunes, Ethnic Divides, and Marriage and Fertility in Central Asia: Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan Compared. Journal of Population Research, 30(3), 197-211.
« Back to Research Directory