|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Peer Mohideen Sathikh
Associate Chair (Academic), School of Art, Design and Media
School of Art, Design and Media
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Phone: (+65)6514 1058
Office: ART 3-22
- MDes Royal College of Art 1992
- MDes (Industrial Des) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay 1986
- BEng (MechEng) Hons Anna University, Madras 1984
|Peer Sathikh is presently Assistant Professor at the School of Art Design and Media (ADM) and is the Associate Chair (Academic) of the school. Peer obtained a Master of Design (MDesRCA) in industrial design from the Royal College of Art (RCA), London and a Master of Design in product design from Industrial Design Centre, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai. He also has a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering. He was awarded the Foreign and Commonwealth Scholarship to study at RCA. While at RCA, Peer won the Thorn EMI Award for his project on air travel and won the first International Student Internship Award from Sony to work at the Sony Design Centre in Tokyo.|
In 1996 Peer co-founded Inovasia Design in Singapore. Peer has won several awards for work done as design consultant at Inovasia, such as the Good Design Award 2004 from the Chicago Athaenuem, USA and the Singapore Design Award.Peer is the Chairman of the Advisory Committee for the Product Design and Innovation Course at the Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore and the member of the Advisory Committee for the Industrial Design Course at the Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore.
Past President of the Designers Association Singapore (DAS), Peer is also a member of the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), Product Design and Management Association (PDMA), USA and the Design Research Society (DRS), UK. He has been invited/guest speaker at design and product development conferences in Singapore, Japan and India, where he has given key note addresses and presented papers on the subject of design, design culture and branding.
|Peer Sathikh has research interest in three areas of design :|
User Interface and Experience Design
Transportation and Urban Mobility
Cultural and ethnographic influence on Product Design
Industrial Design Pedagogy
His move from design consultancy to an academic position at the School of Art, Design and Media (ADM)is to enable him to focus his energy to research in those areas, besides teaching.
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2016-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2017-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- Animated Emulation of Air Traffic Management
- Documenting Unique Uses of Modern Mobile Phones
- Eden in Iraq: Ecological and Cultural Restoration Through Art, Design, and Environmental Science-Growing Beauty with the 7000 Year Old Marsh Arab Culture
- Evaluation of Human Factors in Wayfinding within MRT/LRT Transit Areas
- Exploring Immersive Experience in 3D Entertainment: Product Ideas for the Future
- Exploring immersive experience in 3D entertainment: products ideas for the future
- Final Year Projects (Film and Animation)
- Human Factors Study in the On-Board Unit (OBU) Design
- Multi Purpose Scooter
- Research Study into Signage Framework for Commuter Facilities in Singapore
- TOWARDS A BALANCED INTERACTION WITH ARTIFICIAL SYSTEMS THROUGH THE STUDY AND APPLICATION OF PRINCIPLES OF HUMAN INTERACTION
- Nur Syairah bte Abdul Malek, Asst Prof Peer Mohideen Sathikh. (2017). The IIIDawards-Book 2017..
- Meridel Rubenstein and Peer Mohideen Sathikh. (2016, March). Eden in Iraq: From Bio-Art Perspective’. Paper presented at Bio-Art/Design: Transdisciplinarity in Art, Science and Creativity Symposium and Workshop, School of Art, Design and Media, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Peer Mohideen Sathikh and Meridel Rubenstein. (2015, October). Eden in Iraq: A Wastewater Environmental Design Project Gardens of Eden, Iraq. Paper presented at International Forum on Contemporary Islamic Art, Design and Architecture (CIADA2015), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Peer Mohideen Sathikh. (2015). DS82: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education (E&PDE15), Great Expectations: Design Teaching, Research & Enterprise: Introducing Industrial Design to Students of Renaissance Engineering Programme: A Personal Experience’. 17TH International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education (E&PDE 2015) (pp. 324 -329)United Kingdom: The Design Society.
- Peer Mohideen Sathikh. (2015). Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Creativity and Innovations at Grassroots (ICCIG3): Understanding Modes of Creativity for Effective Innovation at Grassroots. Third International Conference on Creativity and Innovations at Grassroots (ICCIG3)Ahmedabad, India: Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India.