|Professor Nikolay Zheludev, PhD, DSc is a world leader in the field of nanophotonics and metamaterials. Professor Zheludev received MSc, PhD and DSc from Moscow State University. His international research careers continued at the University of Southampton in the UK were he became Deputy Director (Physics) of the world-famous Optoelectronics Research Centre and Director of the Centre for Photonic Metamaterials. At NTU Professor Zheludev is founding director of the Centre for Disruptive Photonic Technologies and co-director of The Photonics Institute. His awards include a Senior Leverhulme Research Fellow awarded by the Leverhulme Trust to “outstanding researchers”; a Senior Research Professorship of the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council, UK that is “awarded to outstanding academic scientists and engineers of international repute” and a Royal Society Wolfson Research Fellowship and Merit Award - given to “respected scientists of outstanding achievement and potential”. |
In 2015 he received the highly prestigious Thomas Young Medal for “global leadership and pioneering, seminal work in optical metamaterials and nanophotonics”.
Professor Zheludev is Fellow of the Institute of Physics (London), Fellow of the European Physical Society and Fellow of the Optical Society of America. Professor Zheludev is the Editor-in-Chief of “Journal of Optics” (IOP Publishing) and advisor to the Nature Publishing Group.
- G. H. Yuan, and N. I. Zheludev. (2017). How to focus beyond the diffraction limit? Singularities, gigantic wavevectors and energy backflow in a super-oscillatory optical field. 9th International Conference on Material for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2017).
- Q. Wang, G. H. Yuan, K. S. Kiang, K. Sun, B. Gholipour, E. T. F. Rogers, K. Huang, S. S. Ang, N. I. Zheludev and J. H. Teng. (2017). Reconfigurable phase-change photomask for grayscale photolithography. Applied Physics Letters, in press.
- G. H. Yuan, E. T. F. Rogers, and N. I. Zheludev. (2017). Achromatic super-oscillatory lenses with sub-wavelength focusing. Light: Science & Applications, in press.
- Vazquez MR, Bhardwaj V, Sotillo B, Lo SZA, Ramponi R, Zheludev NI, Eaton SM, Soci C. (2017, January). Laser-written waveguide network as optical oracle. Paper presented at ips meeting 2017, Yale-NUS College, Singapore.
- Guanghui Yuan, Stefano Vezzoli, Charles Altuzarra, Edward T. F. Rogers, Christophe Couteau, Cesare Soci, and Nikolay I. Zheludev. (2016). Quantum super-oscillation of a single photon. Light: Science & Applications, 5, e16127.