|Professor Nikolay Zheludev, PhD, DSc is a world leader in the field of nanophotonics and metamaterials. Professor Zheludev received MSc, PhD and DSc from Moscow State University. His international research careers continued at the University of Southampton in the UK were he became Deputy Director (Physics) of the world-famous Optoelectronics Research Centre and Director of the Centre for Photonic Metamaterials. At NTU Professor Zheludev is founding director of the Centre for Disruptive Photonic Technologies and co-director of The Photonics Institute. His awards include a Senior Leverhulme Research Fellow awarded by the Leverhulme Trust to “outstanding researchers”; a Senior Research Professorship of the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council, UK that is “awarded to outstanding academic scientists and engineers of international repute” and a Royal Society Wolfson Research Fellowship and Merit Award - given to “respected scientists of outstanding achievement and potential”. |
In 2015 he received the highly prestigious Thomas Young Medal for “global leadership and pioneering, seminal work in optical metamaterials and nanophotonics”.
Professor Zheludev is Fellow of the Institute of Physics (London), Fellow of the European Physical Society and Fellow of the Optical Society of America. Professor Zheludev is the Editor-in-Chief of “Journal of Optics” (IOP Publishing) and advisor to the Nature Publishing Group.
- T. Pu, V. Savinov, G. Yuan, N. Papasimakis, N. I. Zheludev. (2020). Unlabeled Far-field Deeply Subwavelength Topological Microscopy. Advanced Science, under review.
- G. H. Yuan, Y.-H. Lin, D. P. Tsai, N. I. Zheludev. (2020). High-numerical-aperture long-working-distance quartz superoscillatory lens for sub-diffraction imaging. Applied Physics Letters, in preparation.
- Guanghui YUAN, Nikolay Zheludev. (2019, December). Optical super-oscillations and sub-nanometer metrology. Paper presented at PhotonIcs & Electromagnetics Research Symposium 2019, Xia Men, China.
- Guanghui Yuan, Katrine S. Rogers, Edward T.F. Rogers, and Nikolay I. Zheludev. (2019). Far-Field Superoscillatory Metamaterial Superlens. Physical Review Applied, 11, 064016.
- Yuanda Liu, Hanlin Fang, Abdullah Rasmita, Yu Zhou, Juntao Li, Ting Yu, Qihua Xiong, Nikolay Zheludev, Jin Liu, Weibo Gao. (2019). Room temperature nanocavity laser with interlayer excitons in 2D heterostructures. Science Advances, 5, eaav4506.