|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Pang Lee San Natalie
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: WKWSCI 05-06
- PhD Monash University 2009
- MSc (InfoStud) Nanyang Technological University 2003
- BCom University of Melbourne 1999
|Natalie Pang is an Assistant Professor with the Division of Information Studies, Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, and Principal Investigator at the Centre of Social Media Innovations for Communities (COSMIC) at Nanyang Technological University.|
|Natalie Pang obtained her Ph.D. in Information Management from Monash University in 2009, where her research was also awarded the Vice Chancellor’s Commendation for Doctoral thesis excellence and the Faculty of IT doctoral medal. Her research interests are: social informatics, collective action and information behaviour on the Internet, qualitative and mixed methods research, end-user interactions in heritage sites, and social media innovations for marginalised communities. Natalie has taught courses in social informatics and computing, information management, qualitative research methods, information behaviour, and records management.|
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2017-) [by DSO National Laboratories]
- National Heritage Board-Heritage Research Grant (2017-) [by National Heritage Board]
- Research Collaboration Agreement (2016-) [by Singapore Totalisator Board (SingTOTE)]
- Workplace Safety and Health Institute (2017-) [by WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH INSTITUTE (WSHI)]
- A Baseline, Cross-Sectional and Intervention Study Investigating Individual, Cultural and Organisational Factors Influencing Ownership of Workplace Health and Safety Leading to a Mindset Change and Actions.
- Caregivers Circle
- Evaluating the Tangible and Intangible Heritage of Shopping Centres in Singapore
- Social Media in Civic Engagement
- The Internet and General Elections 201X
- The Internet and Memory of Nations
- Lee, H. and Pang, N. (2017). Information scent - credibility and gaze interactions: An eye-tracking analysis in information behaviour. Information Research, 22(1).
- Raamkumar, A.S., Foo, S., and Pang, N. (2017). Using author-specified keywords in building an initial reading list of research papers in scientific paper retrieval and recommender systems. International Journal of Information Processing and Management, 53(3), 577-594.
- Pang, N. and Law, P.W. (2017). Retweeting #WorldEnvironmentDay: A study of content features and visual rhetoric in an environmental movement. Computers in Human Behavior, 69, 54-61.
- Soon, C., Zhang, W., Nekmat, E., Pang, N., & Goh, D. (2016). The Transformation of Power by Evolving Electorates, Technologies, Personal Communications and Public Opinion Climates. the International Communication Association Annual Conference.
- Raamkumar, A.S., Foo, S., and Pang, N. (2016). Survey on inadequate and omitted citations in manuscripts: a precursory study in identification of tasks for a literature review and manuscript writing assistive system. Information Research, 21(4).