|Academic Profile |
| || |
Ms Candice Ng Ee Ching
Senior Lecturer, School of Art, Design and Media
Phone: +65 65138054
Office: ART 04 14
|Candice Ng is a senior lecturer at the School of Art Design and Media, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Her practice particularly concerns issues of critical inquiry within the practice of design, the visual arts and pedagogy in examining notions of norms, values and belief systems in contemporary society. She holds a MFA in New Media from the Pennsylvania State University.|
Mediating the boundaries of digital and traditional mediums to investigate notions of techno-materiality, desire and stand-ins within a techno-social world, She is interested in how design can provide a framework to explore relationships that are negotiated between humans, perceptions and objects. Her works has been shown within the USA, Singapore and Malaysia.
In 2012, she was an artist fellow at Studio|Lab Penn State University, USA – working closely with social scientist and artists in an interdisciplinary space that facilitates art-science collaborations. During her time at Studio|Lab, she co-curated an interdisciplinary and collaborative performance and exhibition on sound, big data and the archive called Playing The Archive (http://playingthearchive.com/).
Professionally, Candice is trained in digital media where she studied at Multimedia University, Malaysia obtaining a Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) in Digital Media. She has worked as a Lecturer teaching Advertising and Graphic Design at The One Academy of Communications Design, Malaysia. She also helmed the role of international student competitions supervisor and mentored students to win several awards such as The Adobe Design Achievement Awards and also other landmark advertising campaign awards like the Don’t Drink and Drive campaign from BBDO Malaysia.
At the School of Art Design and Media, Candice teaches in the field of Visual Communication in classes such as Visual Communication 1 & 2, Design in Motion, Spatial Design and mentors Final Year Projects. She was recently awarded the Nanyang Education Award (School) in 2015 for her contributions to teaching and learning in the school. Her students have also been shortlisted as a finalist in the Crowbar Awards 2016.
|Digital material culture, tangible interaction design, design pedagogy and design studies.|
- Cultural Play - A Digital Interactive Play-Based Learning Project On The Cultural Heritage Of Singapore
- E.C Ng, G.Inanc, I.Lim, G.Mihaleva. (2016). Cultural Play Workshop: A tangible interactive game-based learning project on the cultural heritage of Singapore. ACE '15 - The 12th International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology (pp. Article No.45)ACM Digital Library.
- E.C Ng, G.Inanc, I.Lim, G.Mihaleva. (2016, April). ‘Cultural Play – A tangible interactive game-based learning project on the cultural heritage of Singapore (A prototype analysis)’. Paper presented at Board Game Studies Colloquium XIX, German Games Archive | Nuremberg, Germany.
- E.C Ng, Studiolab. (2013). Playing The Archive Transforming Cross-Disciplinary Research Through Visual and Sonic Immersion. Apple iBooks.
- E.C Ng. (2013, November). ‘Playing The Archive – Transforming Cross Disciplinary Research’. Paper presented at Symposium of Sound and Interactivity, School of Art Design and Media, Nanyang Technological University.
« Back to Research Directory