|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Lee Yong Tsui
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5493
- PhD University of Leeds 1983
- MS University of Rochester 1980
- BSc(Hons) University of Leeds 1977
|Lee Yong Tsui obtained his BSc (1977) and PhD (1983) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Leeds, England, and his MS (1980) from the University of Rochester, New York. After his PhD, he worked as a software engineering in PAFEC Ltd. in Nottingham, developing systems for CAD, CAM and engineering analysis. He left England and joined the then NTI as a senior lecturer in the School of Mechanical and Production Engineering. He mainly teaches in computer related subjects, such as first year Computing, Computer-aided Engineering, Visualisation and Virtual Reality, and Computational Methods in Engineering. He is the Director of the MSc program in Manufacturing Systems and Engineering. He is also the Assistant Chair (Students) in the School.
He was the Conference Chair for SIGGRAPH Asia 2008, the inaugural edition of a major annual computer graphics conference, which is now in its seventh year.
Outside work, he enjoys sports, and was a keen squash player until a rupture of his right Archilles tendon put paid to that career. Now he walks and jogs, but doesn’t enjoy that as much as squash.
|His research interests lie mainly in computer related areas, such as computer graphics, geometric modeling, computer-aided design and manufacturing, and related applications. More specifically, he current focus is in computer-aided conceptual design, looking at the problem of converting design sketches into 3D models, which can then be ?beautified? to become CAD models. He is also studying the simulation of vehicle collisions, as an impartial assistant to judicial litigation on road accident cases.|
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2015-2017) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A system for making measurements using photographs
- Automatic measurement of ship compartment volume for liquid bulk marine cargo
- Nonrigid Graphics Kernels for GPU
- Miao YW, Feng XH, Yu LJ, Chen JZ, Lee YT. (2016). Repetitions detection based 3D reconstruction of detailed architectures. Journal of Software, 27(10), 2557-2573.
- Miao YW, Feng XH, Yu LJ, Chen JZ, Lee YT. (2016). Single-image based interactively progressive modeling for 3D architectures. Journal of Computer Aided Design and Computer Graphics, 28(9), 1410-1419.
- CAi JP, Lin F, Lee YT, Qian KM, Seah HS. (2016). Modeling and Dynamics Simulation for Deformable Objects of Orthotropic Materials. The Visual Computer, , 1-12.
- Fang F, Lee YT, Leong MC. (2015). Identification of faces in line drawings by edge decomposition. Pattern Recognition, 48(12), 3825-3842.
- Fang F, Lee YT. (2014). Efficient decomposition of line drawings of connected manifolds without face identification. Computer-Aided Design, 51(6), 18-30.