|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zhou Wei
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4700
- PGDipTHE Nanyang Technological University 1996
- PhD University of Cambridge 1991
- BE Tsinghua University 1985
|Dr Zhou Wei is an Associate Professor in School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, NTU. His research interest lies mainly in FIB nanofabrication and materials processing. He majored in welding and got BEng in 1985 from Tsinghua University, Beijing. He was later awarded a government scholarship to study for PhD in Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy, University of Cambridge. He specialized in micromechanisms of fracture and obtained PhD in 1991. After working for one year in Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials in Freiburg, Germany, he came to work in NTU in 1992 as a Lecturer. In 2002 he took sabbatical leave in Harvard University as a Visiting Scholar in Applied Physics carrying out researches on FIB-induced self-organization of nanostructures. In addition to academic pursuits, Dr Zhou Wei has worked closely with industry to provide consultancy service and helped many companies solve problems of corrosion and structural failures, and he acts as Chairman of Welding Technology Committee of Singapore Welding Society.|
|(1) Nanofabrication and nanometrology;
(2) Processing and applications of light and ultralight alloys;
(3) Joining and welding of structural materials;
(4) Laser surface engineering and study of surface properties (corrosion, tribology, wettability etc)
- Additive Manufacturing Centre (AMC) Initiative - SIMTech-led R&D Projects
- Characterization of optical nanprobe for nanometrology
- Development of NDT Technique for Microstructure Decay Detection
- High Temperature Materials Development for 3D Additive Manufactureing (WP1)
- Nano-Macro Joining of Carbon Nanotubes with Light Metals
- Site-specific nanoscale characterization using focused ion beam technology
- Zheng XT, Hu WH, Wang HX, Yang HB, Zhou W, Li CM. (2011). Bifunctional electro-optical nanoprobe to real-time detect local biochemical processes in single cells. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 26(11), 4484-4490.
- J. Wang, W. Zhou. (2010). Experimental investigation of focusing of gold planar plasmonic lenses. Plasmonics, 5(4), 325-329.
- Wang J, Zhou W. (2010). Diffraction coupling angle-based design of Au plasmonic structure for subwavelength focusing. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 7(8), 1514-1517.
- Wang J, Zhou W. (2010). Nearfield beam shaping through tuning diffraction coupling angles. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 7(6), 1021-1024.
- Wang J, Zhou W, Li EP. (2009). Enhancing the light transmission of plasmonic metamaterials through polygonal aperture arrays. Optics Express, 17(22), 20349-20354.
« Back to Research Directory