|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Marilyn Ang Uy
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6926
- PhD in Business Administration University of Colorado 2009
- BSc in Management, Summa Cum Laude Ateneo de Manila University 1998
|Marilyn Uy is a tenured associate professor of entrepreneurship in the Division of Strategy, Management, and Organization at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore). She completed her Ph.D. at the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder (USA). Her research spans the broad areas of psychology of entrepreneurship, work motivation, and emotional well-being. She uses longitudinal approaches such as experience sampling method, weekly or daily diary method, and multi-wave surveys in conducting empirical research. Her articles have been published in premier journals including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, and Organizational Research Methods, among others. She has been appointed as Editor (Associate Editor equivalent) of Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice and has been serving on the editorial review boards of Journal of Business Venturing, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Applied Psychology: An International Review, and Small Business Economics. Since joining NTU Singapore in 2011, she has attracted competitive research funding worth more than S$3 million.|
|* Affect and Emotions|
* Work Motivation
For more details about Marilyn's research, please visit her website:
- 1. Prosocial Motivation In Entrepreneurship 2. Understanding Passion In Organizations - Using Sport As A Lens
- Can Opportunity Identification be Trained? A Field Experiment
- Dynamics of Creativity and Entrepreneurship: The Role of Identity and Passion
- Lifespan Career Development in Entrepreneurship, Professionalism, and Leadership
- Processes of Opportunity Identification: Discovery, Creation and Evolution
- Unraveling the Motivational Pathways to STEM Career Preferences and Behaviors: The Interplay between Individual and Contextual Influences
- Uy, M. A., Lin, K. J., Ilies, R. (2017). Is it better to give or receive? The role of help in buffering the depleting effects of surface acting. Academy of Management Journal, 60(4), 1442-1461.
- Uy, M. A., Sun, S., & Foo, M. D. (2017). Affect spin, entrepreneurs' well-being and venture goal progress: The moderating role of goal orientation. Journal of Business Venturing, 32(4), 443-460.
- Gielnik, M. M., Uy, M. A., Funken, R., & Bischoff, K. M. (2017). Boosting and sustaining passion: A long term perspective on the effects of entrepreneurship training. Journal of Business Venturing, 32(3), 334-353.
- Christopoulos, G., Uy, M. A., & Yap, W. J. (2016). The body and the brain: Measuring skin conductance responses to understand the emotional experience. Organizational Research Methods, (forthcoming).
- Uy, M. A., Foo, M. D., & Ilies, R. (2015). Perceived progress variability and entrepreneurial effort intensity: The moderating role of venture goal commitment. Journal of Business Venturing, 30, 375-389.