|Marilyn Uy joined Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) in September 2011. She holds a PhD in Management from the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder. Prior to joining Nanyang Business School, she was at the Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria, Canada. Her research spans the broad areas of work motivation, affect, and entrepreneurship. Her articles have been published in leading management journals including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Organizational Research Methods, and Human Relations. Her paper on using ESM to advance entrepreneurship research (ORM 2010 with Foo and Aguinis) won the Academy of Management Entrepreneurship Division’s 2011 IDEA Thought Leader Paper Award. Another paper on entrepreneurs’ affect and venture effort (JAP 2009 with Foo and Baron) was selected for the 2009 Entrepreneurship Research Exemplars Conference—an invited best practices conference for advancing research excellence in entrepreneurship. Her paper on moods spillover and crossover among dual-earner couples (JAP 2008 with Song and Foo) was one of the finalists for the 2010 Rosabeth Moss Kanter Award for Excellence in Work Family Research. She received the 2014 Research Excellence Award for the Division of Strategy, Management and Organization at the Nanyang Business School. Since joining NTU, she has attracted competitive research funding worth more than S$2 million. Currently, she serves on the editorial boards of Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.|
- Uy, M. A., Lin, K. J., Ilies, R. (2017). Is it better to give or receive? The role of help in buffering the depleting effects of surface acting. Academy of Management Journal, 60(4), 1442-1461.
- Uy, M. A., Sun, S., & Foo, M. D. (2017). Affect spin, entrepreneurs' well-being and venture goal progress: The moderating role of goal orientation. Journal of Business Venturing, 32(4), 443-460.
- Gielnik, M. M., Uy, M. A., Funken, R., & Bischoff, K. M. (2017). Boosting and sustaining passion: A long term perspective on the effects of entrepreneurship training. Journal of Business Venturing, 32(3), 334-353.
- Christopoulos, G., Uy, M. A., & Yap, W. J. (2016). The body and the brain: Measuring skin conductance responses to understand the emotional experience. Organizational Research Methods, (forthcoming).
- Uy, M. A., Foo, M. D., & Ilies, R. (2015). Perceived progress variability and entrepreneurial effort intensity: The moderating role of venture goal commitment. Journal of Business Venturing, 30, 375-389.