|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Lye Sun Woh
Deputy Director, Air Traffic Management Research Institute
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
- PhD University of Bath 1987
- BSc(Hons) University of Bath 1983
|Dr Sun-Woh Lye, FIES, is currently in the School of Mchanical and Aerospace Engineering since 1987. He received his Bachelor and PhD degrees from the University of Bath, England. Amongst the courses that he taught at both undergraduate and graduate levels are industrial design, advanced product design for manufacture, virtual design and manufacture, optimisation, process engineering and foam moulding and fabrication. He has published many international journal and conference papers namely in design and process decision support systems, monitoring, sensing and modeling analysis of mechanical designs and processes, foam and composite design and manufacture. He had also served as a consultant and expert member to several engineering and governmental related companies in the training, problem solving, evaluation of engineering design, drawing interpreattions, manufacturing and research projects and product development. He also served as chairman of engineering professional institution, international conferences and reviewer of international journals relating to design and manufacturing. For his contributions, he has been the recipient of a number of internationally acclaimed awards for Best Paper Award, Outstanding Young Engineers Award, Outstanding Youth Award, International Merit Award for Contribution to the Engineering Profession in design and manufacture.|
|His research interests include Design and process decision support systems. Statistical sensing and modeling analysis for mechanical design and processes, foam and composite design and manufacture.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2015-2017) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) (2013-) [by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)]
- EDB Industrial Postgraduate Programme (2015-) [by Thales Solutions Asia Pte Ltd]
- ATMRI Administrations, Facilities and Operations
- ATMRI Projects
- An Investigation into Micro Feature Joining and Assembly Alignment via Photo-Acoustic Method
- An ivestigative study into foot characterization and sole design
- Biomedical and pharmaceutical engineering cluster seed grant
- Nanofibre sensors for real-time monitoring of vibro-acoustic dynamics in a tennis racket
- Novel manufacturing and biomedical system
- Psycho and Physiological Performance Model on Air Traffic Controller Workload Performance
- H. J. Wee, F. Trapsilawati, S. W. Lye, C. H. Chen, and J. P. Pinheiro. (2017). Real Time Bio Signal Interface for Visual Monitoring of Radar Controllers. ISPE International Conference on Transdisciplinary Engineering.
- F. Trapsilawati, Y. Liu, H. J. Wee, H. Subramaniam, O. Sourina, K. Pushparaj, S. Sembian, P. C. Q, Lu, C. H. Chen, and S. W. Lye. (2017). Perceived and Physiological Mental Workload and Emotion Assessments in En-Route ATC Environment: A Case Study. ISPE International Conference on Transdisciplinary Engineering.
- Kai Tao, Jianmin Miao, Sun Woh Lye, Xiao Hu. (2015). Sandwich-structured two-dimensional MEMS electret power generator for low-level ambient vibrational energy harvesting. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 228, 95–103.
- Zhiyuan Shen, Shuwei Liu, Jianmin Miao, Sun Woh Lye and Zhihong Wang. (2015). Spiral electrode d33 mode piezoelectric diaphragm combined with proof mass as energy harvester. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 25(3), 035004.
- Kai Tao, Sun Woh Lye, Jianmin Miao, Xiao Hu. (2015). Design and implementation of an out-of-plane electrostatic vibration energy harvester with dual-charged electret plates. Microelectronic Engineering, 135, 32–37.