|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Chong Seow Khoon, Mark
Senior Lecturer, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
|Dr Chong obtained his PhD in Bioengineering from the National University of Singapore in 2010 under the direction of Professor Lee Chuen Neng, working on vascular tissue engineering. He then joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the National University Health System as a Research Fellow, working on translational regenerative medicine. |
Nanyang Education Award ( School) (Mar 2014)
Benjamin H. Sheares Young Investigator Award, University Obstetrics & Gynaecology Congress (May 2012)
Helmet Reul Young Investigator Award at the International Society of Rotary Blood Pumps 2009 Conference (Oct 2009)
Visiting Scientist; Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Scientist Exchange Programme (Feb 2008)
|Bone Tissue Engineering|
Experimental Disease Models
- Development of a device to treat intestinal obstruction by rapid yet safe decompression of stomach and intestinal contents
- Maker Communities Gain Adaptive expertise In the uniVERsity (McGAIVER)
- MiMIC (Migration and Metastasis In a Chip): A microfluidic platform for the biological capture of functionally metastatic tumour cells
- MSK Chong, C Bao, KP Ng, J Lim, JKY Chan. (2016). Human Bone Xenografts: from Preclinical Testing for Regenerative Medicine to Modeling of Diseases. Current Molecular Biology Reports, 2(3), 158-170.
- Ravichandran A, J. Lim, M. Chong, F. Wen, Y. Liu, Y. Pillay, J. Chan, S. Teoh. (2016). In vitro cyclic compressive loads potentiate early osteogenic events in engineered bone tissue. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part B: Applied Biomaterials, .
- Feng Wen, Charles Chau Sang Lau, Swee Hin Teoh, Yanwan Liao, Mark Chong.(2016). Surface modification of tissue engineering scaffolds. Polymeric Biomaterials for Tissue Regeneration: From Surface/Interface Design to 3D ConstructsSpringer Science+Business Media Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Mark Seow Khoon Chong, Wei Kai Ng, Jerry Kok Yen Chan. (2016). Concise Review: Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Regenerative Medicine: Applications and Challenges. Stem Cells Translational Medicine, .
- Christian Wiraja, Mark S.K. Chong, Yanwan Liao, Sharon W.T. Chew, Chenjie Xu.(2016). Multi-functional Biomaterials for Bone Tissue Engineering. .
« Back to Category Write-up