|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Lisa Winstanley
School of Art, Design and Media
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Phone: (+65)6513 8051
Office: ART 3-2
- MA Graphic Communication University of Hertfordshire 2016
- BA(Hons) Graphic Design University of Hertfordshire 2012
- Higher National Dip Graphic Design Wigan & Leigh College 1997
|Prior to her appointment at the school of Art, Design, and Media (ADM) Assistant professor Lisa Winstanley taught graphic design at Box Hill College in Kuwait (BHCK) from 2011. Originally from England, UK Lisa received her BA (hons) and MA with distinction from the University of Hertfordshire, UK. Receiving the university's academic achievement award in 2016.|
Commercially Lisa has over 20 years industry experience as a creative practitioner and design consultant, working for blue chip clients such as Nestlé, Vimto Soft Drinks and the British National Health Service (NHS). As a graphic artist Lisa's work has won several prestigious industry awards including becoming a finalist at the Hiiibrand Illustration Awards 2015. Subsequently, her monographic artbook on lies and truth was exhibited as part of the The 13th China (Shenzhen) International Cultural Industry Fair, China.
Lisa's research links design with sociology, psychology and is currently exploring creative practice through a neuroscientific lens. Her most recent project investigates lies and truth; aiming to contribute to the visual understanding of society's propensity to lie and equally its inability to accurately detect deceit in others; intended to create a dialogue of questioning and raise awareness of the often ineffable subject matter.
Lisa is the acting editor-in-chief of the international creative journal, The Journal of Leading Approaches in Multimedia (LAM), a bi-annual, multidisciplinary publication which supports international creatives in publishing artwork and scholarly writing, pertaining to their specific fields. Fostering an exchange of interdisciplinary knowledge and encouraging debate on the global, cultural and social aspects of design. Conceived with the aim to develop and critically examine contemporary discourse in practice- led and scholarly research related to creative practice; Inclusive of history, theory and the applied arts.
|Areas of Research Interest Include:|
Creating a culture of creative trust
Trust in a design context
Design with purpose
Collaborative design practice
The psychology of design
The Neuroscience behind creativity
TRUST IN DESIGN
Hate crime and social division have seen a marked increase in recent times; thus, Lisa's latest project's aim is to promote inclusion, collaboration and altruism as a counter to this dissonance. The project embraces social and cultural divergence, fostering a culture of creative trust through International artistic collaboration, aiding social inclusion through creative practice. With the intention of coalescing creative communities from around the world, building bridges and providing a conduit for international collaboration to encourage a philanthropic approach to design-with-purpose.
- Facilitating production & publication of international, collaborative creative practice by fostering a culture of creative trust.
- Lisa Winstanley.(2017). Computers as persuasive technology (CAPTOLOGY),. Box Hill College Kuwait (BHCK).
- Lisa Winstanley. (2017). Graphic Design Education Applying Basic Theory & Process to Design Practice (3rd Edition). Box Hill College Kuwait.
- Lisa Winstanley.(2017). E-commerce Online Store Credibility. Box Hill College Kuwait (BHCK).
- Lisa Winstanley. (2017). Edited By Design. LAM, The Journal of Leading Approaches in Multimedia, 1(1), 8-9.
- Lisa Winstanley. (2016). The Big Book of Bullshit..
« Back to Research Directory