|Dr Yu Luo received his Ph.D of Physics from Imperial College London in 2012. He then remained as a research associate in the same university. Since January 2015 Luo has been an assistant professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of Nanyang Technological University.|
Yu Luo has worked on a wide range of topics within the realm of metamaterials and plasmonics ranging from the design of invisibility cloaks and plasmonic light- harvesting devices to the study of nonlocal and quantum phenomena in mesoscopic plasmonic systems. He has authored more than 60 international refereed journal papers published on Science, Nature Physics, Nature Communications, PNAS, PRL, Nano Letters, Advanced Materials etc., and is attributed with over 1,400 citations. His work has been highlighted by many scientific magazines and public media, including Nature Photonics, Nature Physics, Physics World, Phys.org, BBC News, Guardian, etc.
- J. B. Pendry, P. A. Huidobro, Y. Luo, and E. Galiffi. (2017). Compacted dimensions & singular plasmonic surfaces. Science, 358(6365), 915-917.
- A. Demetriadou , J. M. Hamm, Y. Luo, J. B. Pendry, J. J. Baumberg, O. Hess. (2017). Spatiotemporal Dynamics and Control of Strong Coupling in Plasmonic Nanocavities. ACS Photonics, 4(10), 2410−2418.
- V. Pacheco-Peña, A. I. Fernández-Domínguez, Y. Luo, M. Beruete, M. Navarro-Cía. (2017). Aluminum Nanotripods for Light-Matter Coupling Robust to Nanoemitter Orientation. Laser & Photonics Reviews, 11(5), 1700051.
- Zhuo Li, Liangliang Liu, Hengyi Sun, Yunhe Sun, Changqing Gu, Xinlei Chen, Yun Liu, Yu Luo. (2017). Effective Surface Plasmon Polaritons Induced by Modal Dispersion in a Waveguide. Physical Review Applied, 7(4), 044028.
- Zhen Gao, Fei Gao, Youming Zhang, Hongyi Xu, Yu Luo, Baile Zhang. (2017). Forward/Backward Switching of Plasmonic Wave Propagation Using Sign‐Reversal Coupling. Advanced Materials, .