|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Liu Fang
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6318
- PhD (Ops Mgmt) Duke University 2011
- BS (Applied Maths) Peking University 2006
|Liu Fang is an assistant professor in the department of Information Technology and Operations Management, Nanyang Business School. She received her doctoral degree in Operations Management from the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University and her Bachelor’s degree from the School of Mathematics, Peking University. She has presented her research in conferences such as INFORMS, MSOM and POMS. Her paper 'Good and bad news about the (S,T) policy' has been accepted in the leading operations journal Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Her research has also been published in Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Information and Management Sciences and Proceedings of the Sixth Conference for Youth OR/MS Researchers in China.
In her spare time, Liu Fang likes to do Pilates and yoga. Her biggest hobby is traveling.
|My general research interest is in supply chain management, including coordination mechanism
design for supply chain sustainability, global production network design, and productioninventory
management. I enjoy studying problems with strong application backgrounds,
observed either through my own experience or through reading business news and cases. My
main research approach is building mathematical models to represent the business problem
under study and deriving analytical insights. The tools I employ include economics, stochastic
processes, optimization, and dynamic programming.
- Coordination Mechanism Design for Sustainable Global SupplyNetworks
- Enhancing Coordination in Humanitarian Operations in Asia
- Kuribko, N., T. Lewis, F. Liu, J-S. Song. (2017). Long Term Partnership for Achieving Efficient Capacity Allocation. Operations Research, Forthcoming.
- Liu, F. (2017). A Greedy Algorithm for Solving Ordinary Transportation Problem with Capacity Constraints. Operations Research Letters, 45, 388-391.
- Fang Liu, Jing-Sheng Song. (2016). Coordinating a Semi-centralized Global Production Network through Different Levels of Headquarters Involvement. Production and Operations Management, 26, 305-319.
- Liu F., J-S. Song, J. Tong. (2016). Building Supply Chain Resilience through Virtual Stockpile Pooling. Production and Operations Management, 25, 1745-1762.
- Liu F. (2016). Product Damage and Free Sampling: A Newsvendor Model with Passive and Proactive Self-consumption. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 67(2), 198-213.
« Back to Research Directory