|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Lim Ai Ching
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4982
- PhD National University of Singapore 2003
- BBA (Hons) National University of Singapore 1998
|Elison Lim is Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Division of Marketing & International Business (MIB), and a Fellow at the Institute on Asian Consumer Insight. Before joining Nanyang Business School, Elison was Senior Lecturer (with tenure) at The University of Melbourne. |
Elison's research interests are in the area of consumer behaviour, with a focus on understanding the role of emotions and affective display in consumer-marketer interactions, the impact of culture on consumption, as well as the influence of figurative language effects on advertising and branding perceptions. Her research has been published in international journals such as Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Advertising, and Journal of Business Research. Elison was the recipient of the Divisional Research Excellence Award in 2011.
Aside to research, Elison enjoys teaching and interacting with students. She received the Divisional Teaching Excellence Award (in 2013 and 2016), and was also nominated for the Teacher of the Year Award (in 2015 and 2016). In addition, Elison has been nominated for the prestigious Nanyang Education Award.
Elison is presently the PhD coordinator for the MIB Division. Potential applicants to the Marketing PhD program are welcome (and encouraged) to email her at email@example.com with their inquiries or expressions of interest.
Visit Elison's Google Scholar page at: http://bit.ly/googlescholar_ElisonLim
|Emotions and affective display|
Culture and Cross-Cultural Consumer Differences
Language Effects in Advertising
- Complex Scents Induce Risk-Taking Behavior: Understanding the Role of Self-Control
- Lim, Elison, Lee Yih Hwai, Foo Maw Der. (2017). Frontline Employee’s Nonverbal Cues in Service Encounters Is A Potential Double-Edged Sword. Academy of Marketing Science. Journal, 45(5), 657-676.
- Lim, Elison, Doreen Kum, and Lee Yih Hwai. (2015). Understanding How Changes Within Service Experiences Impact Prospective Vs. Retrospective Time Judgments. Academy of Marketing Science. Journal, 43(6), 730-745.
- Ang Swee Hoon, Elison Lim, Leong Siew Meng, and Chen Zhaonan. (2015). In Pursuit of Happiness: Effects of Alternative Comparison and Mental Subtraction. Social Indicators Research, 122(1), 87-103.
- Lee, Yih Hwai and Elison Ai Ching Lim. (2010). When Good Cheer Goes Unrequited: How Emotional Receptivity Affects Evaluation of Expressed Emotion. Journal of Marketing Research, 47, 1151-61.
- Lim, Elison Ai Ching, Swee Hoon Ang, Yih Hwai Lee, and Siew Meng Leong. (2009). Get the Picture? The Effects of Idiom Processing on Consumer Ad Response. Journal of Pragmatics, 41(9), 1778-1793.
« Back to Research Directory