|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Zhou Kun
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Deputy Director, Environmental Process Modelling Centre
Programme Director, Singapore Centre for 3D Printing
Phone: +65 67905499
Office: N3 02C 82
|Dr. Zhou is an Associate Professor at the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests focus on micro/nano mechanics of materials and structures, novel computational methods for modeling material behavior, and sustainable energy and green technologies. He worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, USA from 2007 to 2010. He was a Visiting Scholar at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, USA in the summer of 2013. |
He has published over 200 papers in refereed journals including Progress in Materials Science, Physical Review Letters, Advanced Materials, ACS Nano, JMPS, CMAME and IJNME. He serves as an Editor of Journal of Micromechanics and Molecular Physics, an Associate Editor of Mechanics Research Communications, and an Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Applied Mechanics, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, Polymers, Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Materials Physics and Mechanics, and Scientific Reports. He also serves on the Elasticity Technical Committee of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
|— First-principles calculation and atomistic simulation|
— Synthesis, characterization and modeling of nanomaterials
— Material reliability and sustainability (fatigue, wear and corrosion)
— Contact mechanics and tribology
— 3D printing
— Energy and environmental technologies
- 3D Physical Failure Analysis and Characterization for Microelectronic Packaging
- Additive Manufacturing for Polymer Parts
- Analysis of intermittent contact failure in IC packaging for energy and environmental applications
- Application of design methodologies and tools for novel design and redesign of metal additive manufacturing products for marine and offshore applications
- Atomistic simulation of aluminum alloys for high strength and deformability (PO#4518022585)
- DG-TISE: Flexible Distributed Generation using Tidal In-Stream Energy System for Remote Island Applications
- DNV GL Pte Ltd Contribution - Modelling Fracture Initiation and Arrest in Weldments Containing Local Brittle Zones for Maritime Applications
- Development of 3D Printable Polymer Composites for Automotive Applications
- Development of hierarchical load-bearing biological materials for superior dynamic behaviors
- Efficient Low Flow Wind Turbine
- Electrical & Thermal Measurement at Front-of-line Interconnections for Energy and Environmental Applications
- Grain Boundary Segregations in Bulk Nanocrystalline AI for Improvement of Its Mechanical Properties
- Investigation on the processing-microstructure-property correlation to establish qualification requirements for 3D printed metals for marine and offshore applications
- Modelling Fracture Initiation and Arrest in Weldments Containing Local Brittle Zones for Maritime Applications
- Modelling and Characterization of Lubrication Behaviours of Offshore WInd Turbine
- New Materials for Additive Manufacturing
- Research on carbon fiber reinforced polyamide 12 composites fabricated by selective laser sintering
- Fu H, Zhu W, Xu ZF, Chen P, Yan CZ, Zhou K, Shi YS. (2019). Effect of silicon addition on the microstructure, mechanical and thermal properties of Cf/SiC composite prepared via selective laser sintering. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 792, 1045-1053.
- Tang Yu-Jia,# Wang Yu,# Zhu Hong-Jing, Zhou Kun, Lan Ya-Qian. (2019). In Situ Growth of POMOFs and Derived Nitride on Cu Foam to Produce Hydrogen with Promoted Water Dissociation Kinetics. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, .
- Ping-Ping Sun, Lichun Bai, Devesh R. Kripalani, Kun Zhou. (2019). A new carbon phase with direct bandgap and high carrier mobility as electron transport material for perovskite solar cells. npj Computational Materials, 5(1), 9.
- Biao Li, Xueling Fan, Tiejun Wang, and Kun Zhou. (2018). Interfacial fracture behavior of double-ceramic-layer thermal barrier coating system with segmented structure. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 201, 13-28.
- Lichun Bai, Ping-Ping Sun, Bo Liu, Zishun Liu, Kun Zhou. (2018). Mechanical behaviors of T-carbon: A molecular dynamics study. Carbon, 138, 357-362.