|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Lam Kwok Yan
Programme Chair (Secure Community), Interdisciplinary Graduate School
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5925
- PhD University of Cambridge 1990
- BSc (Hons) University of London 1987
|Professor Lam Kwok Yan is a renowned Cyber Security researcher and practitioner. Professor Lam has collaborated extensively with law-enforcement agencies, government regulators, telecommunication operators and financial institutions in various aspects of Infocomm and Cyber Security in the region. He is the Lead P.I. of the SPIRIT Programme, an S$11,000,000 programme on smart nation research funded by NRF. Prior to joining NTU, he has been a Professor of the Tsinghua University, PR China (2002-2010) and a faculty member of the National University of Singapore and the University of London since 1990. He was a visiting scientist at the Isaac Newton Institute of the Cambridge University and a visiting professor at the European Institute for Systems Security. In 1997, he founded PrivyLink International Ltd, a spin-off company of the National University of Singapore, specializing in e-security technologies for homeland security and financial systems. In 2012, he co-founded Soda Pte Ltd with a HK-based medical clinics operator. Soda (or Safe of Data App), the Winner of the Most Innovative Start Up Award at the RSA 2015 Conference, is a technology start-up which specialises in data security protection of mobile cloud users. In 1998, he received the Singapore Foundation Award from the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in recognition of his R&D achievement in Information Security in Singapore. He received his B.Sc. (First Class Honours) from the University of London in 1987 and his Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge in 1990.|
|Distributed Systems Security,
Multi-modal Biometrics in Homeland Security,
Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP).
- Cybersecurity Protocol and Mechanism for e-Logistics of Dangerous Goods Tracking Using Block Chain
- ExPReSS: Extensible Platform for Retrieval and Summarization Support
- Smart Nation loT Security Reference Architecture study
- Smart Platform Infrastructure Research On Integrative Technology (SPIRIT) : A Platform For Translational R&D For A Smart Nation
- Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technology (SPIRIT): A Platform for Translational R&D for a Smart Nation
- To Research & Develop Assessment Tool and System – OpsTrace
- Pudi Vikramkumar, Anupam Chattopadhyay, Lam Kwok Yan. (2018). Efficient and Lightweight Quantized Compressive Sensing using u-Law. The International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2018.
- vikramkumar Pudi, Anupam Chattopadhyay, Lam Kwok Yan. (2018). Secure and lightweight compressive sensing using stream cipher. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, 65(3), 371-375.
- Vasily Sidorov, Wee Keong Ng, Lam Kwok Yan, Mohamed Faisal Bin Mohamed Salleh. (2017). Cyber-Threat Analysis of a UAV Traffic Management System for Urban Airspace. 21st Air Transport Research Society World Conference.
- Suman Sau, Jawad Haj Yahya, Ming Ming Wong, Lam Kwok Yan and Anupam Chattopadhyay. (2017). Survey of Secure Processors. SAMOS XVII.
- Vasily Sidorov, Ng Wee Keong, Lam Kwok Yan, Mohamed Faisal Bin Mohamed Salleh. (2017). Implications of Cyber Threats for the Design of Unmanned Air Traffic Management System. The 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (pp. 1682-1689).
« Back to Research Directory