|Dr. Savani's research lies at the intersection of cultural psychology, decision making, and organizational behavior, with a special focus on how cross-cultural comparisons can reveal insights into basic psychological processes. He also conducts research in managerial decision making, focusing on how subtle interventions can lead people to make more rational decisions in their personal and professional lives. |
Dr. Savani's research has been published extensively in academic journals and featured in numerous media outlets, including Forbes, Smart Money, Scientific American, Boston Globe, and Huffington Post.
- Basu, S., & Savani, K. (2019). Choosing among options presented sequentially versus simultaneously. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 28(1), 97-101.
- Morris, M. W., Savani, K., & Fincher, K. (2019). Metacognition fosters cultural learning: Evidence from individual differences and situational prompts. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 116(1), 46-68.
- Madan, S., Basu, S., Rattan, A., & Savani, K. (2019). Support for resettling refugees: Role of fixed-growth mindsets. Psychological Science, 30(2), 238-249.
- Morris, M. W., Fincher, K., & Savani, K.(2019). Learning new cultures: Processes, premises, and policies. Handbook of Cultural Psychology(2nd ed, pp. 478-501). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Jia, K. L., Savani, K., & Ilies, R. (2019). Doing good, feeling good? The roles of helping motivation and citizenship pressure. Journal of Applied Psychology, .