|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Leong Kaiwen
School of Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD (Economics) Princeton University 2011
- MA (Economics) Princeton University 2011
- MA (Mathematics) Boston University 2007
- MA (Economics) Boston University 2006
- BA (Summa Cum Laude)(Econ & Maths) Boston University 2006
|Dr Kaiwen Leong is currently an Assistant Professor of Economics at Nanyang Technological University.|
|Under review |
Leong, K., Li H., Xu Haibo. "Economics of Criminal Organizations: Evidence from a Drug-Selling Gang in Singapore."
Chiba, S, Leong, K. “Cheap Talk with Outside Options.”
Leong, K., Li H., Xu Haibo. "Policing Loan Sharks: Evidence from the Singapore Unlicensed Money Lending Markets."
Leong, K., Xu, Haibo. “Cheap Talk with Outside Options: An experimental Analysis.”
Leong, K., Xu Haibo. “Coase Theorem’s Breakdown: An Experimental Analysis.”
Leong, K., Li, H. “Economics of Rumors: A Field experiment on Collective Delusions in Organizations.”
- Economics of Gangs: Evidence from drug selling gangs in Singapore
- Enforcement Pass-Through: Evidence from a Drug Selling Gang in Singapore
- Labour supply response to Police Raids: Evidence from Asian Prostitutes in Singapore
- Relational Contracting in the Singapore Back Alley Banking Market
- Chiba, S. and Leong K. (2016). Behavioral Economics of Crime Rates and Punishment Levels. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 172(4), 727-754.
- Li, H., Lang, K., Leong, K. (2016). Does Competition Eliminate Discrimination? Evidence from the Commercial Sex Market in Singapore. The Economic Journal, Forthcoming, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ecoj.12.
- Chiba, S. and Leong K. (2015). An example of conflicts of interest as pandering disincentives. Economics Letters, 131, 20-23.
- Fried, I. and Leong K. (2005). Superaccurate finite element eigenvalues via a Rayleigh quotient correction. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 288(1-2), 375-386.
« Back to Research Directory