|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Zhang Kuangjie
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6316 8862
- PhD (Mgmt Maketing) INSEAD 2014
- MSc in Management INSEAD 2010
- BA (Econ) & BSc (Psy) (Double Major) Peking University 2008
|Kuangjie Zhang received his PhD in Marketing from INSEAD. He also received a BA degree in Economics and a BSc degree in Psychology (double major) from Peking University in China. |
His primary research areas are the role of feelings in decision making and the general topic of hedonic and experiential consumption. He is also interested in examining the impact of various sensory cues in our shopping environment on consumer behavior. His research has appeared in various outlets such as the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, and Journal of Experimental Psychology: General. He teaches the course on Market Behaviour at the undergraduate level.
|Hedonic and Experiential Consumption, Sensory Marketing|
- Tuk, Mirjam, Kuangjie Zhang, and Steven Sweldens. (2015). The Propagation of Self-Control: Self-Control in One Domain Simultaneously Improves Self-Control in Other Domains. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 144(3), 639-654.
- Wadhwa, Monica and Kuangjie Zhang. (2015). This Number Just Feels Right: The Impact of the Roundedness of Price Numbers on Product Evaluations. Journal of Consumer Research, 41(5), 1172-1185.
- Yang, Haiyang, Amitava Chattopadhyay, Kuangjie Zhang, and Darren W. Dahl. (2012). Unconscious Creativity: When can Unconscious Thought Outperform Conscious Thought?. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 22(4), 573-581.
« Back to Research Directory