|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Kym Campbell
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: WKWSCI 02-42
- PhD University of Canberra 2016
- MA (Visual & Performing Arts) Charles Sturt University 1997
|Kym Campbell is a Senior lecturer at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, and his research interests are in broadcast production, television journalism, cinema studies and performance and mobile media and communication. |
Prior to joining NTU, he has held positions in Singapore at NUS, La Salle and Ngee Ann Polytechnic, as well Television Corporation of Singapore and MediaCorp. He continues to be a senior media consultant to MediaCorp and has been consultant to the BBC, Bloomberg, MediaPrima Malaysia and the ABC.
He continues to advise government and industry on the television and radio advisory committee and has been consultant to the Singapore government, the Australian government and various business sectors within both government and private industry.
In Australia he has worked for Queensland University of Technology and the University of Southern Queensland, as well as various broadcast networks in both the UK and Australia.
Among his most recent awards and recognition:
* SST Science and Technology award in Technology Education 2017
* URA National Heritage Appreciation award 2015
* Apple Distinguished Educator 2015
* Nanyang Education Award 2013
* Ministry of Information and Communication appreciation award 2011
|Mobile media and communication
Media communication and performance
Visualising data from a cinematic perspective
« Back to Category Write-up