|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Chen Tao, Jonas
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5785
- PhD in Finance The Chinese University of Hong Kong 2014
- MPhil in Finance Hong Kong University of Science & Tech 2011
- MPhil in SoSc (Econ) Hong Kong University of Science & Tech 2009
- MSc in Intl Banking and Finance Lingnan University 2007
- BA in English Beijing Foreign Studies University 2004
|Tao Chen joined Nanyang Business School as an Assistant Professor in Finance in 2014. His research interest includes corporate finance and corporate governance, analysts, mergers and acquisitions, tax avoidance, and banking and financial institutions. |
Tao has published his work in Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Banking and Finance, and Journal of Corporate Finance. His papers have been presented at major finance conferences including WFA, AFA, EFA, AAA, FIRS, ABFER, CICF, Finance Down Under, ECCCS, FMA, NTU ICF, AsFA, and Fed, and covered by Financial Times and VoxEU. He has received Outstanding Paper Award in 2014 Annual Conference on Asia-Pacific Financial Markets and CUHK Young Scholars Thesis Award.
|Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance, Financial Analysts, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tax Avoidance, and Banking and Financial Institutions.|
- 1.Financial Flexibility and Corporate Cash Policy2.Trade Liberalization, Financial Constraints, and Corporate Tax Avoidance
- Does Workforce Diversity Pay? Evidence From Corporate Innovation
- Dual Ownership and Managerial Incentives: Evidence from Mergers between Bond and Equity Holders
- The Financial and Real Implications of Public Financing: A Natural Experiment from Build America Bonds Program
- T. Chen, H. Dong, and C. Lin. (2018). Institutional Shareholders and Corporate Social Responsibility. Journal of Financial Economics, Forthcoming.
- T. Chen, C. Lin. (2017). Does Information Asymmetry Affect Tax Aggressiveness?. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Forthcoming.
- T. Chen, D. A. Schuler, W. Shi, and R. E. Hoskisson. (2017). Windfalls of emperors' sojourns: Stock market reactions to Chinese firms hosting high-ranking government officials. Strategic Management Journal, 38(8), 1668–1687.
- Tao Chen. (2015). Institutions, Board Structure and Corporate Performance: Evidence from Chinese Firms. Journal of Corporate Finance, 32, 217-237.
- Tao Chen, Jarrad Harford and Chen Lin. (2015). Do Analysts Matter for Governance? Evidence from Natural Experiments. Journal of Financial Economics, 115(2), 383-410.