|James P. Tam received his Ph.D. in the University of Wisconsin, Madison, held professorial appointments at Rockefeller University, Vanderbilt University, and The Scripps Research Institute. He received the Vincent du Vigneaud Award (1986), the Rao Makineni Award (2003) by American Peptide Society, and Ralph F. Hirschmann Award (2005) by The American Chemical Society.|
He is currently the Lee Wee Nam Professor and the Director of the Synzymes and Natural Products Center (SYNC). He served as the Founding Dean of the School of Biological Sciences, the Founding Director of Biological Research Center, the Founding Director of the double-degree program in Biomedical Science and Chinese Medicine at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Hemu, X.; To, J.; Zhang, X.; Tam, J. P. (2020). Immobilized Peptide Asparaginyl Ligases Enhance Stability and Facilitate Macrocyclization and Site-Specific Ligation. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 85(3), 1504-1512.
- Antony Kam, Shining Loo, Jing-Song Fan, Siu Kwan Sze, Daiwen Yang, James P Tam. (2019). Roseltide rT7 is a disulfide-rich, anionic, and cell-penetrating peptide that inhibits proteasomal degradation. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 294(51), 19604-19615.
- Qingling Ouyang, Xueling Feng, Shuangyang Kuang, Nishtha Panwar, Peiyi Song, Chengbin Yang, Guang Yang, Xinya Hemu, Gong Zhang, Ho Sup Yoon, James P. Tam, Bo Liedberg, Guang Zhu, Ken-Tye Yong, Zhong Lin Wang. (2019). Self-powered, on-demand transdermal drug delivery system driven by triboelectric nanogenerator. Nano Energy, 62, 610-619.
- Xinya Hemu, Abbas El Sahili, Side Hu, Kaho Wong, Yu Chen, Yee Hwa Wong, Xiaohong Zhang, Aida Serra, Boon Chong Goh, Dina A. Darwis, Ming Wei Chen, Siu Kwan Sze, Chuan-Fa Liu, Julien Lescar, and James P. Tam. (2019). Structural determinants for peptide-bond formation by asparaginyl ligases. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 116(24), 11737-11746.
- Antony Kam, Shining Loo, James P Tam. (2019). Discovery of a Plant-derived Cell-penetrating Proteasome Inhibitor. Experiemental Biology 2019.